His Laugh [One-Shot]

"Hey, Haru, after all these years I've never seen you laugh." Rin mentioned, a look of concentration crossing his features. "How about you?" Haru said monotonously, drying is hair with a towel while I watched an listened to their conversation with interest. "You used to laugh like an idiot all the time, and now you don't."

I giggled, squeezing my eyes shut as Rin replied angrily with: "Shut up! I've grown up is all." Rei wore a thoughtful smile. "But he's right. I've never seen Haruka-Senpai burst out laughing."

 "Same here." I agreed with a sigh, looking at Haru like he was a puzzle I was trying to fit together.

Nagisa turned around and gave Makoto a hopeful look. "Mako, have you ever seen him do it?" 

Makoto continued to dry his hair with a closed-eye smile, and Rei, Nagisa, Rin, and I leaned in in anticipation.

He opened his eyes, a shine clear in them.

"I have." 

We all 'ooooo'ed in awe, but Haru just scowled at him in disbelief. "Makoto, what are you saying?" 

"Well, well," Rin threw an arm around Haru's shoulders. "Spill it, Makoto!" Nagisa and I glanced at each other, sharing the same ridiculously ecstatic expression.

"It was back in elementary school during an event. We were staying at a hotel...When I heard laughing from the futon next to mine. Yes...It was Haru's laughter." 

Makoto shivered, appearing to be re-living the memory in his mind. "It was so scary." Everyone except Haru and Makoto pouted, including me.

"That was probably just him sleep-talking..." Rei concluded with a sigh. "Huh?" Makoto looked mildly surprised. "Aw, Mako!" Nagisa and I whined in disappointment. 

"It's true!"

I was so caught up in my misery I didn't even notice the cheeky grin etching onto Rin's face, and his little 'heehee'.

We were all interrupted in the middle of our heated discussion about the truth or Makoto's story by Rin, who had locked Haru in place with his arms. "Makoto, Nagisa, Rei, Y/n." He grinned again, catching our attention.

"Do it."

We all gave each other childishly mischievous grins, simultaneously yelled : "Attack!", and dove at Haru like he was prey.

"Hey...Wh...Stop it!" Haru panicked as we began to mercilessly tickle him. I was the most ruthless. I aimed for his feet.

He made a sound like an aborted snicker, shoving his face into his towel.

Then...

It happened...

Haruka Nanase:...

Started to laugh...

We all froze, our mouths dangling open in shock.

Was I hallucinating, or were a choir of angels singing around Haru?

That's how heavenly it sounded.

To my dismay, Haru slowly stopped laughing, still snickering slightly.

My face turned bright red and tears of emotion pricked my eyes as I covered my mouth with my hand, then I squealed in a shrill tone, the sound still coming out loud and high-pitched despite being muffle by my palm.

Haru immediately recovered, a monotone look crossing his features once again as he glanced around at his gawking companions.

"What was that  for?"

My shriek of:

"That was the most beautiful thing that I've ever heard! Ear candy, Haru, ear candy!"

-Was the cue, and all of us started hugging him and laughing, big, stupid smiles permanently glued to out faces despite his words of protest.

"Hey! Are you guys listening to me?"

"You laughed, Haru!"

"No, I didn't!"

"Haru, are you embarrassed?"

"You will never escape me!"

"I wasn't laughing!"

I stopped hugging him and sank to my knees like the idiot I was, my eyes sparkling like stars as I clasped my hands together and gazed up pleadingly at the raven-haired boy.

"Marry me, Haruka Nanase..."

"Y/n?! What are you doing-?!"

"Well, your laugh is harmonious enough to make girls drop to their knees and literally propose on the spot. Be happy about your gift, Haru! Maybe you can treat Y/n by laughing again..."

"No! Get off the floor, Y/n!"

"Not until you agree to marry me..."

I couldn't agree keep a straight face any longer, and I bit my lip, trembling slightly from the urge to laugh as I stood up.

Then, really throwing myself into it, I began to laugh uncontrollably, clutching my stomach as the others (not including Haru) began to join in.

Haru looked captivated for a moment as he watched me laugh and giggle, and I think if I could see myself reacting to Haru laughing for the first time, he would look exactly like I did.

I had never thought such a boring night could turn out so wonderful.

----------

A/N: This was just a cute lil short that was a ton of fun to make. I'm hopefully going to make a Specials & Shorts book that will have things like this, if anyone would like that.

I've heard Haru's laugh; I can die peacefully now.