Band-Aids [Free! x M!Reader]

[a/n]: a whole lot of nostalgia, basically 💫💫 but btw I'm not opposed to any pt.2s, of like,, any of these chapters 👀 just if anyone would want it haha but enjoy!!

𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮

𝐈𝐟 𝐰𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐞

𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞

𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨

- 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫, 𝐤𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐢

Makoto breathed out a long sigh.

He hadn't got much sleep the night prior, and honestly, though as usual, he was happy to meet his friends at lunch, it wasn't shaping up to be a very good day for him. His limbs felt like they were still asleep and moved slowly, and his eyes felt droopy as he made his way up to the rooftop. He and his friends usually met on the other side, but he was sure he forgot something of his here, so he was making the extra journey to go looking for it. His tired emerald eyes scanned the concrete, greatly warmed by the glaring sun, trying to locate the empty bento box.

However, his eyes landed on something he wasn't looking for, but was definitely overjoyed by.

"[Name]?!"

There, resting his head on the wall with his arms and legs crossed, was a [H/c]-haired boy. His posture was relaxed, the white dress shirt of his uniform had wrinkles, and the black blazer was completely discarded, sitting in a heap beside him. A maths textbook sat halfway open on the boy's face, shielding him from the sun, but Makoto could see the messy, tousled, [H/c] strands of his hair peeking out. There seemed to be very few obvious indications this boy was Makoto's (and the other boys') old childhood friend, until he noticed... the [H/c/n]-nette boy had signs of roughhousing all over him. Pale, multi-coloured band-aids wrapped around his bony fingers, dried blood stained his knuckles, and there seemed to be a large plaster on his cheek, just visible despite the book on his face.

At his name being sputtered, the boy seemed to perk up, reaching a bandaged hand to remove the book, revealing his face that withheld an innocent, curious expression. It was just as Makoto predicted. [Name] [Surname]. A band-aid plastered over the bridge of his nose, plaster on his cheek, the shirt and tie of his uniform loosened enough to reveal bandages spread over a part of his muscular shoulders and collarbones, and one of his wrists- this was him, for sure.

The [H/c/n]-nette peered at him through long lashes, [E/c] eyes glimmering. "Makoto! What a pleasant surprise!"

»»————- ➴ ————-««

Ever since they were kids, [Name] had always been getting into fights. He grew up with two brothers his age and older, so he roughhoused with them a lot, but he tended to bring that behaviour outside the family. He was a bright and brazen person, but wouldn't back down from a fight, even a playfully brought up one, for the life of him. It used to stress Makoto out a lot. He, Haru, and Nagisa had to tend to the boy's injuries, minor as they may be, because [Name] would refuse to get patched up otherwise. He brushed it off, and just watched with a playful grin as his friends fretted and placed band-aids on his battered skin, wrapping him with bandages like a mummy, lecturing him about promises he would fail to keep to not get in so much trouble.