Secret Helper [Rin Matsuoka x M!Reader]

[a/n]: man i should really label all the other one-shots as fem or gn i'll get to it quick bros

i really wanna write more male reader inserts since i've stuck to fem inserts like f o r e v e r so if you wanna send requests in that'd be e p i c i'm up for pretty much anything

summary: rin's bf helps the iwatobi bois find him and make contact for the first time since forever then cuddles the shark boi to calm him down owo

-

"Oh! Actually, there's definitely someone else who's close with Rin we could get in contact with! I've tried to talk to him, but he's always surrounded by people and difficult to get to..." At Gou's hopeful words, the group's spirits lifted, leaning in closer to the girl with determined eyes. Whoever this was, they wouldn't rest until they asked them about Rin. "Great, who is it?" The redhead chewed on the edge of her nail shyly, a hidden shit-eating smirk itching at her lips as her eyes seemed to shine with dreaminess. "Do you know... [Surname] [Name]?"

Okay, so the band of childhood friends were sort of shocked Gou said the name of the most popular, and allegedly most drop-dead handsome boy in Iwatobi High School. The redhead didn't mention how exactly [Name] knew him, but it seemed to be on purpose, as she hurried away fairly quickly after telling them his name. Though, it did make some sense as to why Gou couldn't get to him in school, he was very popular and almost always surrounded by a fanclub. He seemed to focus his attention mainly on his group of actual friends, not so much his fangirls and boys.

Gou had only mentioned her attempts to contact [Name] after a long while, which meant Rei was now involved in this. Though he had no idea who Rin was, he had a very good idea of who [Name] was. His fingers were trembling as he readjusted his glasses in a smart way, the tips of his ears burning slightly. "Y- Yes, the most popular alleged casanova in our school... the word 'beautiful' hardly does him justice..."

Nagisa saw a great opportunity and flashed the megane boy a wide, sly grin, his magenta eyes practically sparkling. "Oh-ho-ho, have a crush on the pretty [Surname], huh?" Rei floundered at this, waving his arms around as his face turned red. "Preposterous! Everyone likes [Surname], I bet you there's not a single person in this entire school who doesn't!"

Makoto hummed wistfully at that; he was very right. He saw even Haru giving the [H/c]-nette longing stares one time, it was living proof the [Surname] had the ability to make even the most antisocial, stoic people fall head over heels for him.

All this led up to the earth-shattering words they received from [Name] when they found him. They would never recover from this shock of this interaction [and the disappointment from knowing he was not single oOP].

"Rin Matsuoka?" [Name]'s stoic expression didn't change; he made an effort not to perk up for his own sake. This whole situation didn't surprise him; almost all Rin had talked about since they were kids was these guys, his swimming buddies, he could recognize them instantly from his stories and vivid descriptions. The sunset washed over the [H/c]-nette's face as he met the hopeful eyes of the swim club members, and said,

"Yeah, he's my boyfriend."

"Alright, here's the only way I can think of to help you out." [Name] remained stoic and unfazed after explaining his relation to Rin to the swim club, now standing near the pool and explaining the tactic. He was eating some Iwatobi bread Nagisa had used for useless bribing, though the [H/c]-nette already knew he was gonna help these guys out when the first word about some assistance to meet with the shark boy was spoken. From what he'd heard, they had been really close with Rin, so other than him hitting a wall with swimming in Australia and losing the race against Haru that one time when they were younger, he didn't really get why the redhead was being so unnecessarily bitchy.

"What you can do is try to get a joint swimming practice with Samezuka. Otherwise, Rin's a stubborn bastard, so it would be hard to meet up with him any other way." [Name] shrugged. "Just an idea. You should be able to set it up, right?"

"That's such a good idea, yeah!" Nagisa cheered while Gou and Makoto broke into happy smiles, proceeding to thank the [H/c]-nette profusely for helping them out here. "Nah, nah," [Name] waved a hand at them, dismissing their gratitude with a lazy, but genuine grin. "Just seemed like a loophole."

Looked like the plan hadn't gone exactly as [Name] and the other boys hoped. Rin walked in, saw them, and left, leaving the Iwatobi team deflated while [Name] cringed from up in the stands. Rin did catch his boyfriend's little 'shake of the head' before he left, which he probably didn't feel too good about, but that was how it went. Surely there'd be another time. Meanwhile, the [H/c]-nette needed to tend to the shark boy's delicate emotions.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

When Rin's hand once again slammed against the wall of the pool for what felt like the millionth time that evening, Nitori checked the stopwatch. "Way to hustle, great time! That last spurt came out of nowhere!" [Name], who had been leaning against the wall waiting for his boyfriend to finally finish, pushed himself off and walked up to Nitori. "I've got it from here, Ai, you can head out." The grey-haired boy jumped in surprise at the [H/c/n]-nette giving him a pat on the shoulder and gently taking the stopwatch from his hands. "Ah, alright! Thanks very much, [L/n]." [Name] chuckled as the shorter boy walked away, his eyes moving to fixate on the burgundy-haired disaster plunging through the water of the expansive pool. He sighed gently.

Now, how to get him out of there...

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

[Name] 100% did not allow Rin to take a jog along with the extensive swimming training he'd done, especially when he found out Nitori would be going to do some practice of his own. He just wanted the two of them in the dorm, and peace.

Rin sat in a dejected silence on the side of his bed, towel draped over his damp hair and eyes drooping. [Name], unamused, lay down beside him. "What's got you in such a rut?" He questioned suddenly, moving to wrap his arms around the shark-toothed boy's waist, hearing his breath hitch almost unnoticeably. Rin turned his head slightly to peer at his boyfriend through drying strands of hair, and unwavering [E/c] eyes stared back. He heaved a huge sigh. "They just started their 'swim club' and they haven't put in any kind of real work yet. They're out of shape, you can tell just by looking at them."

"So you're determined to beat them."

Rin shot a glare to the pretty boy, who blinked back at him, like, 'is it that untrue?'

"Victory means jack against someone in their condition. I refuse to count this as a win."

Now it was [Name]'s turn to sigh dramatically, sitting up on the bed and giving Rin a hard stare. He proceeded to suddenly bowl him over on the bed, getting a very much ignored yell of "Hey--!", pushing him down on the mattress. [Name] intertwined their legs, wrapped an arm around his torso, and tickled Rin's neck with his nose. "You need to calm down, seriously. Work on getting better not by taking a path that will surely lead to burnout. Take it easy for once, you can beat them without stressing yourself out." His words seemed to freeze Rin up completely, just staring at the [H/c/n]-nette with his jaw slackening. "Now," [Name] concluded. "Let me cuddle."

Rin didn't let the boy close his eyes, because he was moving to hover above him, trapping him in his arms and leaving him nowhere else to look other than apple-red eyes. A grin split his face as he leaned down to press his lips against [Name]'s and undoubtedly release an onslaught of kisses and bites that will turn them red and swollen, but he didn't get the chance to because the dumbass shot right back up to butt him like a battering ram, wrapping his arms around him and bowling them both over.