Christmas Miracle [Rin x F!Reader]

"Sharkie! Rinrin!"

"Don't call me those two names ever again."

"Aww, but it fits you!" You pouted, eyes growing wide and soft as you pressed your lips together in a straight line and gazed up at Rin. A bright red blush bloomed on his face, and he scowled at you stubbornly. "I need to talk to Nagisa about teaching you weird stuff."

You giggled at how flustered he had become. "Could we please go and do festive Christmas things? Please!"

So, Rin ended up reluctantly letting you drag him outside.

So far you had singed your tongue, courtesy of hot chocolate, horribly lost a snowball fight and had gotten snow down your back, which resulted in you transforming into grumpy and upset mess. You retreated back inside, took a bath, and all the Christmas spirit you had leaked right out of you. Rin refused to leave your house because he was almost certain you had caught a cold, and needed someone to take care of you.

It was sweet, and you could almost imagine Rin was your boyfriend for one dreamy, fairytale moment, but then you came back to reality and realized that him making you a bowl of soup wasn't exactly the same thing as asking to exchange promise rings. Not exactly.

So, imagine your misery as you sat on the coach, wrapped up in a blanket, slowly sipping a bowl of steaming-hot soup that would most likely burn your tongue for the second time that day. You sneezed, then sniffled.

"Sorry." Rin said suddenly, blinking at you with a shockingly apologetic look on his face. You almost fall off the couch. "Sorry..." You whispered, as if trying to process it. "...For what?"

He sat down beside you with a sigh. "For the snowball fight thing." 

"Are you kidding? I'm fine. I was being stupid and overreacting anyway!" You were frantic to place the blame on yourself. But still, damn, Rin was apologizing to you. Rin never  apologized.

"Shush." That you certainly did, as he leaned over, cupped your cheek with his hand, and paralyzed you completely by (gently) smashing his lips against yours.

"R-Rin! You'll get sick!" 

"Then you'll just have to take care of me."

"That would be a miracle-"

"A Christmas miracle."