Short Tempers [Free! x M!Reader]

[a/n]: this just a drabble 😔😔 but I may or may not have some more stuff coming up soon 👀👀

__________________________________________

"Hello. Welcome to the underworld maid cafe."

"Now, I'm not one to be preachin', but you gotta stop looking like you're gonna kill our customers."

[Name] let out a lowly growl, still facing away from Rin and clenching his fists as he remained stony-faced. He didn't mind too much, about his whole situation here, but the cold [h/c]-nette always looked very pretty and very fierce. People were scared to ask [Name] out because they feared that they would ask, for example, to go to a café together, and he would spit out something like, "A café? Where's your taste? Disgusting [or something over exaggerated like that]." [Name] was either oblivious to the blushes and stares he'd gotten from many other Samezuka guys when he changed into the maid getup or just didn't give a f u c k he was changing sexualities left and right. "It's just not fucking fair we wear the maid costumes and you get to look like Sebastian Michaels."

"You know I had to do the same thing last year, right?!"

"You're so lucky you look at least decent!' Momo whined, greatly toning down his initial thoughts to seeing the pretty [h/c]-nette, which were something along the lines of almost giving up his infatuation with Gou and giving in to his primal urges. [Name] ignored him, walking over to lean against the wall and shutting his eyes with a harsh scoff. He hoped this day would be over soon.

But unfortunately, the odds weren't in his favour, as what was about to happen meant that it would end up being a whole lot longer.

"Yoohoo!"

"We wanted to say hello!"

[Name] irked, remembering those voices. The Iwatobi morons guys. And to them, he was that one Samezuka swimmer who once stepped in for a race, beat Haru after being tied for most of the laps, and obliterated Rei when he stepped in for another guy, in a way that was extremely embarrassing for the bluenette. But he was just... so fast, and beautiful. So he both felt greatly inferior to him but also had a great infatuation with the fiery [h/c]-nette. Haru too developed a shameless, unexplained interest for the [Surname] that beat him. Extremely skilled in the water, devilish short-temper, devastatingly handsome features, and wavy [h/c] hair. The daydream. Having a crush on the talented pretty boy was definitely not exclusive to Samezuka. Rin especially had a lot of trouble masking the redness of his face when [Name] first changed for the cafe, and in general.

"[N/n]! you're here too!"

[Name] obviously irked, his eyebrow twitching at the inexplicable nickname, severely worrying the blonde's teammates [they were severely concerned for Nagisa's safety in this moment], but Nagisa was unwilling to shift his attention off the [h/c]-nette. "You and Momo look great in those dresses! So frilly!", "Touch my fucking skirt and I'll break every one of your fingers." Taking the smarter choice, Nagisa proceeded to harass Momo instead of [Name], the loud ginger lamenting about Gou seeing him, but it turned out she wasn't here anyway. "The first and second-years have to dress up like maids while the older kids get to look all butlery. It sucks!"

An evil, mocking half-smirk pulled the corner of [Name]'s lips upwards as he remembered Rin in the costume last year, and the Iwatobi students seemed to be thinking the exact same thing. "I know what you're thinking, stop it!" Rin grabbed Momo off the floor, and proceeded to address the other boys. "Well, we're almost on break, so grab a table and we'll be back in a sec. Seat 'em."

"Right! It's our pleasure to serve you, dearest masters!"

"That means you, too, [Name]."

"There's no way in fuck I'm doing this shitty job."

『 Bonus 』

[Name] kicked fucking ass in the water gun fight he'd been dragged along to, taking absolutely no mercy on his opponents and drenching them, wearing a malicious smirk on his face the whole time.

However, he got taken out by Nagisa of all people somewhere near the end, and sent a nearby Makoto into a panic by hanging his head, obviously seething, and muttering out, with the tone of a soldier who'd just been defeated in a real war, "I'm gonna fucking shoot myself."