Can't You Sleep? [Rin x GN!Reader]

You sighed softly, not wanting to wake the sleeping Rin beside you. You couldn't sleep, as per usual, though you had invited Rin over in hopes he could help you, but of course you would never tell him that. Unfortunately, he fell asleep pretty much the second his head hit the pillow. Just as you curled up in a ball, your back facing him, you began to wonder how he could manage being shirtless on such a cold night while you, fully clothed in your warmest pajamas, were freezing your ass off.

Moonlight shone dimly on the white silk sheets, but all that did was make you stare at the window at the starry sky and not focus on trying to doze off. "Ugh..." You mumbled, curling up tighter. Your eyelids just wouldn't droop down, and it didn't help that you had just had a nightmare. Well, okay, you had fallen asleep long enough to have a fairly terrifying dream, then woke up, breathless and frightened.

"[Y/n]..." Rin's groggy voice made you flinch. "It's fine, Rin, go back to sleep..." You whispered back, but were pulled backwards, still scrunched up in a ball, until you were pressed against Rin's chest. Blinking blearily, he flipped you around so you were face-to-face. "Can't you sleep...?"

"No..." You muttered back, sighing gently again as you laid your hands on his torso. "I'm okay, it's fine, I just had a nightmare...Please go back to sleep..." You tried to protest, not wanting to bother him, but his face just twisted into an expression of surprise and uncharacteristic concern. "Okay, now I'm definitely not falling back asleep, knowing that you would be alone and scared."

The occasional sweet things that came out of Rin's mouth always warmed you up inside, and a tiny smile curved your lips as soon as he had spoken.

"Aw...thanks, Rin..." You cooed, snuggling up closer to his warm body. He blushed in embarrassment and wrapped his arms around your frame, locking you tightly in place. "Can we just talk...?" Rin asked sleepily, playing with a strand of your pretty [H/c] hair. "Sure," You murmured back softly, watching the shadows sweep around the room from over his shoulder. "What do you want to talk about?"

"What we're going to do tomorrow...?" His random suggestion made your smile grow wider. "Okay, well...how about we go get ice cream first?" Rin chuckled, holding you tighter and making the bed shift. "...Of course you would suggest that, [Y/n]." You blushed in embarrassment, trying to hide your face in his bare chest.

"But alright then, let's get ice cream. Then a café." His voice, honeyed with affection and smooth, really comforted you, and you felt your eyes growing heavy with sleepiness. "Okay, that sounds...great..." Your voice trailed off drowsily, and Rin noticed you were literally falling asleep as you spoke. "Goodnight, [Y/n]." His sweet voice spoke softly in your ear, and that was the moment sleep rolled over you like a dreamy wave and engulfed you.