Fever [Free! X Reader]

Like everyone else, you hated being sick. It was winter, a classic time to get a cold, but it annoyed you all the same. Plus, since you lived alone, the only thing to help you out was your bed and mouth mask. Or so you thought.

Your phone vibrated, and you absolutely did not give a shit who it was, though you had glanced at the ID.

"Heyyyy! Ready to get festive, [Y/n]!?"

"No." You answered promptly. "I'm sick, Gou." A light gasp could be heard from the other line. "Why didn't you tell us!? Hold on, we're coming over to take care of you."

"Oh HELL NO-"

But that sneaky little redhead hung up before you could attempt to protest properly. You were kind of defenseless, because all of your friends could get in through the back door since you always kept it unlocked.

I guess it would be nice to be taken care of...

Before you knew it, the familiar sound of your friends' chatter and footsteps was echoing from downstairs, and you quickly sat up, sneezing through your mouth mask.

"[Y/n]-chan, we're heeereee!" Nagisa exclaimed before flinging the door open, like you couldn't already tell. "Hey, uGh..." Your sore throat felt awful, and you broke off coughing.

Rin poked his head through the door, raising his eyebrows at the sight. "Oh, wow. Someone needs some soup."

Finally.

"Please!" You sputtered, feeling your hot, flushed cheeks with sudden need and alarm. "My throat is dying!" Everyone in the vicinity heard your squeal and chuckled, then began to perilous journey of taking care of you when you were sick, miserable, and grouchy.

Yeah, maybe being taken care of wouldn't be too bad.

​​​​

​​