Quite A Job [Merman! Haruka x M!Reader]

"Ngh!" You groaned heavily, struggling through the doorway of your small house with the mermaid--merman in your arms. Haru gave you a neutral look. "For some reason I have a sneaking suspicion I may be too heavy."
"Whatever! It's too late to back out now!" You shuffled closer to the bathroom, every part of your body aching. "You need to get...to....water!" And with a last heaving effort, you transported Haru into your enormous bathtub.

"Are you sure you're okay with staying here?" You looked nervously down at the ravenette as he half-submerged his face in the warm water. "After all the effort you put into getting the bathroom ready for me, I think I will be." For a moment, you just stared at him. His shimmering blue tail fin, the same colour scales on his shoulders, and his eyes. He was beyond beautiful.

"Oh- Yeah, I made mackerel, hold on." Already embarrassed to be caught staring, you rushed out of the bathroom and into the kitchen, coming back a few moments later with a plate and a small stool. Haru watched in fascination as you pressed the stool against the side of the bathtub, then laid the plate of mackerel carefully on top, along with a fork and knife.

You sat on your pillow beside the bathtub, breathing a huge sigh of relief as Haru quietly thanked you then began to eat. Mission accomplished. You had successfully transferred the merman to your house by the sea. Wow. How the hell was this going to work?

You jumped when you felt soft lips gently coming into contact with your neck from behind. "Thank you for bringing me here, [Y/n]. You have a really big bath." You laughed slightly. "Fate brought me a big bath."

But suddenly and out of nowhere, you were speedily and skillfully lifted up by your waist then promptly placed in the bathtub. "O-Oi! Haru!" You squeaked in surprise as he lay in front of you, his arms pressed to the wall behind you and his beautiful blue eyes looking up into your [E/c]. "Do you mind sleeping in the bathtub?" It was an odd question. But, considering the circumstances, you did kind of have a merman in your bathtub, so eghhhh...

"O-Oh- Um, s-sure!"
A rare smile flashed across Haru's' face for a moment, and he slid down in the hot water beside you, his tail flicking slightly. "I love you, [Y/n]." Smiling gently, you also relaxed into a lying down position, still in your now drenched clothes, and gazed at his peaceful expression. "Love you too, Haru...let's go to the beach tomorrow..."

You weren't sure whether he had fallen asleep, but the small smile curving his lips proved he had heard.