Propositional Future

Months and months of nothing but love and happiness passed. I remained hidden and careful when speaking of Toshinori with friends, wary of even them. The idea that an evil villain that held the underground villain world in his grasp was willing to murder me and my family in order to get into Toshinori's head was truly terrifying and surreal.

We went on minimal outside dates, and even then we tried to be extremely secretive. Toshinori was gaining more and more fame by the day. He was rising through the ranks of heroism. I was sad that I couldn't join him to see him accept the position of Japan and America's Number 1 pro hero. I...couldn't believe I was dating the top hero.

With the promise that I'd still work in the flower shop as much as possible, I moved in with Toshinori. I brought in some of my colorful design to his bland apartment.

"Not characteristic of the number one hero to have such a bland apartment." I used my Quirk for one of the first times in front of Toshi, manipulating the flowers I had hung to grow in full bloom. Basically, I can make plants grow excessively fast. I never thought that it would be a good hero Quirk, but it worked well with working in a plant store.

"I'm not in heroism for the money, you know that." He was washing the dishes in the kitchen.

"I was just joking, sunflower." I walked into the kitchen and ran my fingers through his hair, "So soft."

"Hey, don't mess it up." He chuckled.

I heard the mail slot in the front door open, and a pile of mail and a newspaper plopped onto the mat inside. I retrieved the stack from the floor, sifting them into piles for me and Toshinori separately.

He dried his hands and picked up the first few, throwing them to the side as he sorted them. "Bill...bill...taxes, ugh...Hmm...a letter?"

"Who's it from?"

He gasped, quickly opening the letter to find a huge invitation notice. "It's from my dear friend named David Shield! He's inviting me to go to where he lives on I-Island."

"Oh, cool! Is he a scientist?" I asked.

"He is. He made my first suit when I lived in America. You saw that beautiful thing..." He smiled fondly, "You should come with me and get away for awhile."

I-Island was far into the ocean. It was a mobile island that could travel over the water, in which the scientists were not allowed to leave with their creations unless it was being brought out for mass-distribution to the public. It was a sealed research hub.

"Oh, gosh, I'd love to." I nodded enthusiastically. "It would be so fun...Is it just for a visit?"

"Kind of... he wants us to go to a party. By the way, I should warn you, he doesn't know about One For All..." He sighed, "It's meant to keep him safe..."

"Ah, okay, I won't talk about it." I nodded again, making sure he was certain of my honesty.

Continuing to read his letter, he had a gleeful smile on his face, "Oh, he has a one-year-old daughter now... Melissa."

"Oh, cute! I can't wait to meet her, babies are so cute." My face suddenly crossed with terror, "What are the chances that All For One would attack the island?"

"What? Well, that would require more work than it's worth for him. Besides, it's been radio silence for over two years with him...if he were to attack, it would be strategized and well-planned." He explained.

I knew not of what this man's thought process was. I had never met him and never wanted to. I knew that Toshinori would meet him one day and have a life or death battle. According to him, though, the Quirk had possibly gotten powerful enough to finally defeat him. Still, I sometimes tried to wonder if I had met this man while out and about, and that maybe he blended in well.