Friend Falling

"Mrs. Yagi," The reporter asked me, swaying a microphone closer to me so it could pick up my voice. I was at a press conference...alone. "How is All Might holding up after three and a half months out of work due to his broken leg...?"

"Oh, he's walking on it now! He'll be back to fighting crime in the next week or so, I believe. All depends on what his doctor allows." I grinned, pattering my fingers nervously against my leg under the table. I had never spoken in front of such a large crowd before...I guess it was the side-effect of being the spouse of the Number One Hero.

"That's great to hear!"

Another reporter came up to the plate...Only two more questions and I could go home. Home to my handsome husband to cuddle and receive advice about how to handle myself better on TV...

"Why did you and All Might keep your relationship a secret until now? Was there any particular catalyst that made you want to finally be recognized as his wife in the public eye?" Did that count as two questions? Oh, I shouldn't be petty...These tabloids would rip me apart.

"To put it simply...To- Ah, I mean All Might thought it would be healthier and safer for me to live a quieter life. So we could focus on our relationship at home rather than work." They had already asked me what my job was, and I knew that I'd get a load of publicity for my flower shop the instant I said I owned one. Oh god, I'm gonna need to hire more employees.

"That makes sense..." They muttered, sitting back down.

Finally, the last question...

"What is the Symbol of Peace like as a husband...? In other words, what is he like domestically?"

I looked at the camera like I was on some comedy TV show, a smile pulling harshly at the corners of my lips when I began to think of all I could say to embarrass my husband. I could picture the redness on his face already.

"He's a cuddler...He loves it when I play with his hair and make him cups of his favorite tea after work. One thing you'll see the more we appear in public together the next few years is that he's an absolute gentleman who worships the ground I walk on." I could see him covering his face, shaking his head at the admission. "He's the best husband a woman like me could ask for."

The conference wrapped up, and I commuted home. Anyone could be surprised how a change of clothes and a scarf wrapped around the lower part of my face could keep me hidden from fans of Toshi.

I opened the door of the apartment, finding Toshinori giving me a narrow-eyed glare. "You were very generous with those answers. Especially with that last one."

"What, was I supposed to tell them that you're an awful husband? That would be a lie, and we already tell enough of those to the public." I walked behind his chair and kissed his cheek playfully.

He grumbled and chuckled as I sat beside him. "Well, you did a pretty great job for your first time in front of that many people."

"I did? That's good to hear." I laid my head against his shoulder.

Toshi clasped his bony, skeletal hand to my normal (slightly dry from the cooling weather) hand. "I'm stressed..." he let out a long breath of air.

"Here, turn around, I'll give you a shoulder massage." I raised up my hands, wiggling my fingers at the offer.

"That would be nice..." He slid around, facing partially away from me. I kneaded my fingers against his formative shoulders, feeling him slump down and relax against my touch. "Hng...yeah, that's helping."

"I'm glad..." I continued, making him melt like putty. Seeing him like this in front of me was...beautiful. After weeks and weeks of weakness and hurt, he deserved to feel nothing but happiness and joy. "I think...We should move into the bedroom for the night..."