One Big Happy Family

Spring. Finally, the warming weather returned, and school was starting very soon. Today, to be exact!

Nanato was babbling fake words by this point, and her first actual word was 'dada', which made Toshinori turn away and have a cuteness heart-attack. He was turning out to be one of the best fathers I've ever seen.

"I learned all that I know from watching how your father interacted with you..." Toshinori said, wincing as Nanato grabbed onto one of his bangs and pulled.

I chuckled and gently took it from her grubby hand, pinning both of them up higher on his head to avoid more pain on his part. She was definitely a hair-puller... I replaced it with her favorite stuffed animal: a little rabbit.

I frowned for a second, thinking of my father. From what I understood, All For One didn't want to hurt his own family, which included my mother's side of the family, but my father was free-game. His vining Quirk was of use to him within a Nomu. It made me angry with how that man thought of everyone as expendable. Tenko...My father...my husband...Nana Shimura. His brother.

I sighed out of my nose, holding Nanato and placing her into the stroller by the door.

"Ready to go, sunflower?" I swung my bag over my shoulder.

"Yep!" He wrapped an arm around my waist, kissing my cheek.

We left, gawking at our curious little girl.

"Dada...!" She pointed up at Toshinori with gleaming blue eyes, matching her father in almost every way. Her hair was strangely styled as if it were half mine and half his. There was a single bang like his on the left side of her face, but her hair was more like mine than his spikey mess. It was a nightmare to brush since she also slept like him: rolling around a lot.

"Hi, sweetpea." He walked beside the stroller and let her hold his finger, which she squeezed, laughing happily. "You're getting really strong, huh?"

She cooed and smiled, kicking her feet under the blanket.

We stopped outside of the building as Toshinori checked the mailbox. The newly growing cherry blossom trees around the property let go of some petals with a slight breeze.

Nanato found that a few had landed on her, and she took one into her hand.

It began to glow, and then regrow into a full flower from that single petal.

"Toshinori!" I yanked on his jacket. "Look! Nanato's Quirk!"

Toshinori whipped his head around, his mouth hanging agape when he saw our daughter's ability first hand. "Plant regeneration!? Oh! I'm so glad she got something and that my Quirkless genes didn't hurt her chances!"

I took another petal and placed it into the palm of her other hand, and it too began to regenerate. "Fw...fwoer." She babbled.

"Looks like I'm gonna be making a Quirk-counselling appointment for her soon! Aw, it's such a cute little Quirk!!!" I tickled her sides, and she giggled with amusement.

-------

"She's so cute!!!" Present Mic tried to be hushed, admiring Nanato as she sat on Midnight's lap.

"She really does take after All Might. Gosh, look at that hair color! Some girls kill to be natural blondes!" Midnight said.

Aizawa sighed out of his nose. "Right...let's bring her to the hero kids...I have to start teaching...Fine, I'll admit, she's adorable..." He caught himself looking at her big puppy-eyes.

In the classroom, I was immediately swarmed by my students.

"She's tiny!"

"Little hands!"

"She's like All Might!"

"Does she have a Quirk already?"

"Can she throw All Might punches yet?!"

"Her eyes are so blue!!!"

"Everyone!" Aizawa scolded, "Calm down, you'll scare the baby."

I kissed my daughter's cheek, "Yes, one at a time, please. If you want to hold her, too, just ask and I'll show you if you don't know how."

An unexpected hand was raised, and Bakugo strode forward. "I'll hold her."

I grinned, "Thank you, Katsuki. Hold the back of her head and under her legs like this." I gently passed her to him, and she immediately started playing with his hair.

Everyone watched on in amazement.

"Looks like Lord Explosion Murder is a softie for kiddos!!" Ashido taunted.

"I didn't know you liked kids!" Kirishima ogled.

Sero snorted, "She likes your messy hair!"

"Shut up, losers...Be quiet and let me focus on holding the kid, will ya!?" He glared at his classmates, turning his attention back to Nanato. "Hey, I guess you can call me Katsuki."

"Kat..." Nanato attempted to mimic.

He chuckled, his red eyes flashing with enjoyment.

Everyone got to take turns holding her. Mineta had a little trouble.

"No fair." Mineta crossed his arms. "She's almost bigger than I even am... Hmph."

Iida sniffled when he held her, "She's so good...I...promise I will protect...with my whole life." He cried.

"Whoa, Tenya! Let me have her!" Uraraka reached out her hands, and the class representative wiped his eyes after passing her down with great care. "Hi there, cutie-pie. I'm Ochaco and when you're a little older we can play games together. Maybe your mom and dad will let me babysit you. Wouldn't that be fun?"

Nanato made a small noise as if she were agreeing.

This class loved and cared for my child. It warmed my heart to its core.

I noticed Izuku watching Ochaco. A blush ran across his face, and he looked away with a lopsided smile. Adorable.

Now, it was time for Class B to meet Nanato! They were just as important to me, after all. They were still my students! It'll be fine-

"Hahahaha! Don't you worry, little Yagi, we'll protect you from all harm, unlike class A! All of it!" Monoma chortled, kind of maniacally.

Oh boy-

---------

When we were home, lying in bed, I had my ear against Toshinori's chest, listening to his heartbeat.

He brushed one of his bony fingers over my cheek, clearing away the hair that had fallen there. I squirmed a bit and opened my eyes.

"You're still awake..." He muttered.

"I thought you were asleep," I said back.

"No...I was just watching you...watching over the house." He smiled down at me, tiredness in his voice.

"Once a hero, always a hero, huh?" I sat up on my elbow, raising an eyebrow at him.

"I guess so." He laughed, "I have two lovely women in my life I need to protect. We all protect each other, now's just my shift."

"What's there to protect us from right now?"

"Nothing...Just standing guard like a good hero." He smirked.

I grunted and grinned, kissing him on the lips. Soon, that kiss evolved into one that was deep and longing. As I pulled away for a breath of air, I whispered, "I know what you want to do...and I want it, too, but let's be careful."

He cleared his throat, his voice was raspy. "O-Oh yeah..." He flushed, "No more irresponsibility."

I snickered, and then kissed him again.