Still Not Over

I waited for Toshinori to come home from his hero duties. It was a day off from teaching, and he insisted to go around town performing at least a few good deeds. I received a notification saying he was almost home. I hummed and ran a bath, squirting soap into the heavy flowing water to create bubbles. He needed a little bit more downtime, and a hot bath with me and some grape juice to drink. He can't have alcohol and it's probably not wise for me to have any either, considering how we were trying for a baby.

I slipped my loose clothes off my body, sinking into the water and moving the suds over my chest.

"Y/n? Yyyy///nnnnn?" Toshinori called out, his voice echoing through the bedroom.

"I'm in here, sunflower. You can come in!" I leaned against the back of the tub and rubbed soap into my arms.

Toshinori opened the door, his face flushing when he saw me, and he stepped in. "Wh-what's all this?"

"I thought it would be nice...it'll help you unwind after a long day. It can also be the first thing in a nice evening..." I pat the surface of the water beside me.

"Hmm, I don't know if I'll fit."

"You always do..."

"H-Hey!"

I giggled as he undid the zipper on his hero costume, slipping out of the boots. He stripped off his boxers and took a large step into the water. "Ah, it's very warm..."

He faced me, his knees poking like tall islands out of the bubbles.

"Nice and comfortable..." I snuggled up, flush against him. "What do you think we'll have...? A boy or a girl? More than one?"

He placed his bony hand loosely on my back, shaking his head. "I don't care, as long as they are healthy and happy...I'd be so happy with either..."

I nodded, "I agree...I've been wanting one for so long..." I brushed my fingers over his hollow cheeks, "I think they're going to have your beautiful eyes and your hair..."

He chuckled softly, his eyelids lowering while he moved into my touch, "I'm not that beautiful, dear... I think it would be better if they looked like you."

I pouted my lips, "Shush, you're so perfect..."

He frowned and shut his eyes. "What did I do to deserve a wife like you?"

"You didn't have to do anything...we had the chance to meet each other, and we did." I leaned forward and kissed his thin lips lovingly.

He kissed back, groaning and wrapping his arms around me like a seat belt. His wedding ring was still cool from the air conditioning, and the feeling of him trailing up my back sent a chill down my spine despite how warm the water was.

"I love you," He whispered.

"I love you more..." I rubbed my thumbs under his eyes, feeling over all the lines on his face.

I grinned at the relaxed look on his face. An entire week of looking at him like this made me excited...with the hero course students at their summer camp, there was nothing we were obliged to do.

------

It was dark in the room, my body tangled in Toshinori's long-limbed grasp as we slept. It had to be three or four in the morning, but Toshinori's phone started ringing and so did mine.

I didn't move for a second, but my husband shot up and reached out for his, so I inhaled sharply and rolled over to retrieve mine. I covered my other ear. Why were we both getting calls at the same time in the middle of the night? I noticed the caller ID was Vlad King, and I raised an eyebrow as I pressed it to my face.

"Hello...?"

"Y/n, I'm so sorry for waking you! But we were attacked by the League of Villains at camp!" He sounded winded, tired even.

I chucked the blankets off of me almost in synch with Toshinori. The weight of sleep was gone from me, and the adrenaline was pumping. "Oh no...oh my god is everyone okay?! Oh my god, oh my god..."

"A lot of those in my class are knocked out and injured from the villains, but the only serious injury is Midoriya from class A. He's got two broken arms, a concussion, and a whole set of other messes...and we have a student and pro hero missing."

I froze, gripping tight onto the mattress. "Wh...who?"

"Ragdoll from the Pussycats is missing, and she apparently lost a lot of blood. The student...Katsuki Bakugo. He was kidnapped, as well."

I cringed, my head spinning and my eyebrows furrowing tightly. "What do my husband and I need to do...?" I saw him get up and turn on the light, the sudden brightness making me blink rapidly. He mouthed a 'sorry' to me and proceeded to begin pulling himself together a dress shirt and tie while on the phone with another person involved, no doubt.

"Nezu is calling a meeting when everyone's parents are contacted. It's tomorrow afternoon. You personally don't have to be there since your jurisdiction isn't related to the hero department...but you can come if you want. Your voice could be needed."

I huffed, resting my forehead in my palm. "I might be there...Stay safe, Vlad...I might come by the hospital the kids are at to check up on them...please send me the information."

"Will do...Goodbye."

"Bye..."

I stared down at the screen as the media outlets that never slept began to cover the incident in the woods. And I began to cry. I began to cry bitterly and angrily.

"Honey! Dear, don't cry, my love!" Toshinori had ended his call, and now he was coddling me close into his half-dressed form. I tugged on his shirt.

"Those kids get not one break...and Bakugo, he's missing...All For One is behind this as well, I feel it..." I sobbed.

I gulped down what tears and emotion I could, preparing for myself a bag to go to the hospital. Three hours away by train...but to see and comfort the children so viciously attacked. At dawn's break, I was on the train with no disguise, but the look on my face told everyone to stay away from this woman scorned.