Suitability

The UA entrance exam was drawing closer, and Toshinori's successor Midoriya was getting stronger. Every time I visited the beach, it was slowly getting clearer and clearer. He was getting bulkier and muscular, it was amazing to see what hard work was doing to him. Seeing how determined he was to be a hero moved me to start using my Quirk more.

Around the house, I'd grow the plants to immense heights and densities. Most of the time it was a vining plant. It was a common joke between Toshi and me. He would come home from training Midoriya that day, and I'd be standing within the mass of leaves and flora to see the look on his face. Then, I'd jump out, kiss him, and talk to him while I cut the plant back down to size. One time, I filled an entire room with vines...that was fun to clean up.

"It's been fun to use the Quirk in the shop, you know...I started making fresh aloe...I might start an all natural skin care line and sell it!" I walked through the doorway of the office, giggling as Toshinori had an armful of leaves, "You need any help? I didn't realize there was more."

"There was some on the ceiling...I had to get into my hero form to get it!" He gave a breathy laugh before coming back into the kitchen area with me to throw them away.

"I got the mail...there's a letter from UA. It's probably for you." I placed it down in front of him and flicked through a magazine catalog.

Toshi opened the envelope as he read the back. "Uh...this is actually for you, Y/n."

"Wh...? For me? What does UA want with me?" I took it from him and continued opening it. I unfolded the typed letter. My eyes darted over the page, my eyes slowly going wide as I realized what it was.

"What is it, dear?" Toshi rested his chin on top of my head and looked down at the paper with me.

Composing myself, I began to read the words on the page.

"Dear Y/n Yagi,

Upon highest recommendation by your husband All Might, I have highly considered to allow you a spot on the UA staff. Your task will be to aid in the education of tomorrow's heroes, technicians, business owners, and general members of society. I would greatly appreciate a call at your earliest convenience.

Yours,

Principal Nezu."

I looked up at Toshinori, making him laugh hardily. He transformed into his hero form, steam making me cough and drop the letter on the countertop. He lifted me up off of the ground, "Yes! I'm so glad Nezu looked at your resume!"

"Resume?! Toshinori, what the hell?" I couldn't help but laugh as he held me up by my hips. "What did you do?"

"Consider it a gift, dear, I recommended you to be a teacher at UA! This is because I overheard you the other night talking to your mother over the phone..." His usual smile faded. "I noticed that you were worried about being apart from me for too long due to my injuries... But this would allow you to be in the same building as me!"

"A teacher job!? Toshi, I don't know about this..." My voice fell. "I don't even know what I'd teach...Plant husbandry isn't that useful of a subject!"

"You know a lot about chemistry though!"

Chemistry... Oh, yeah! I sighed deeply, nodding my head, "I guess...I like the idea of being close to you in case you need any help that others can't provide you with." I rested my forehead on his, "I'll call Nezu. Now get out of your hero form, no pushing yourself!"

"Alright, alright..." He placed me down to sit on the counter.

A puff of steam, and some blood on his lips, he wiped his face. When the red was cleared, he leaned in and gave me a kiss. He snaked his arms around my waist, and I brushed my fingers over his cheeks. He pulled his lips back and smirked lowly at me, "I'm sorry that I did this without your permission...I just hope you feel comfortable with it."