Dig A Little Deeper

I don't think it will ever get easier to come here to Tartarus. It was going to be the same feeling every time: dread. What could All For One say this time? I looked down at the blank notebook, clicking the pen as I walked down the long, secured hallway toward the cell, my muscles trembling.

I stood facing the metal doors, taking one deep and calming breath. I've done this before...let's do it again.

"I'm ready..." I whispered to myself.

With that, the door opened, and I was face to face with the man himself again.

"Mrs. Yagi...I admit I didn't expect you to return." All For One stated, serious surprise in his tone.

"I wanted to continue our stupidly endearing conversation. I'm sure you're happy to hear that?" I took my seat on the metal chair, crossing my legs at the ankle and holding the pen tightly in my sweaty grip.

"I am. There is a complete lack of stimuli within this wretched place. I could simply go mad..." He grumbled, shifting.

"Depending on what answers I get from you, I might come back again. I'll make this little deal with you, that I'll keep that wicked brain of yours working and from turning to mush if you provide me with answers to my questions." I wrote the date at the top of the page, flicking my glance between him and my book. I remembered the fear I had felt last time, and how I felt towards the end of the conversation. Just...be confident.

He sputtered with laughter, "Oh, come now! Blackmail isn't befitting of the former Symbol of Peace's dear wife!"

I scoffed, "Well, you can't knock a hustle, can't you?"

"I suppose not. Very well. I will trade certain answers to certain questions in exchange for conversation... Please, begin." All For One chortled, giving me his full and undivided attention.

I folded my hands in my lap, rubbing the sides of my fingers against the smooth paper. "Gardenias, huh? You mentioned it in passing last time... I remember you. You came into my shop sixteen years ago to buy flowers, did you not? If only I could remember your real name...or, well, at least the name you used to purchase them. What is your real name?"

All For One hummed fondly, "Tell me, do you not think that you're thought process is flawed? You're making a-!"

"You're dodging the question," I said in a sing-song voice, arching an eyebrow. This persona of impatience was almost comical to me, I could only imagine how stupid it looked to him. Though, I hoped he took the wager seriously.

"Well, dear Y/n, I simply refuse to tell you my name."

"Refuse to?" I scribbled down some notes, "Then you understand that I'll keep digging through old finances from years ago until I locate your receipt. You did pay with card, I'm sure I'll find out eventually, anyway."

"I'm afraid to inform you that you're assuming that the man you're describing is truly me. It could have been anyone, correct? I could have just been watching." He grinned slyly.

I pursed my lips, biting on my tongue gently in thought. He was playing a mind game with me, and I saw right through his unethical little ploy. There was a reason that this man was him, and he admitted it last time I had spoken to him. "No, it had to be you..."

"Elaborate?"

"You told me that I brought great joy into your life. Someone who loves you...this woman you were taking on a date...Why else would you mention gardenias? Why would you confuse me, the woman you technically owe a whole relationship to? I'm more aware of it now, I think of it constantly. So, spare me your sick and twisted, time-wasting game and answer me one thing...Are you a married man?"

All For One was silent, a soft frown on the blank canvas of his face. His breath steamed the mask providing life to him... And then he answered, "Yes. I do have a wife...and a child."

My eyes widened, "A child? A son or a daughter?"

"A son."

I frantically wrote down notes. He was actually cooperating. I couldn't believe it! I was getting answers from this brick wall of a man!

"Mrs. Yagi, your ten minutes are up. Please make your way to the exit."

I was in a fantastic mood. I felt like a scientist making a huge breakthrough on a project! I stood up and finished the sentence in my grasp, "Well, I will most definitely be back. I'm sure you appreciate the conversation, so let's continue."

"Yes...I do appreciate it. Goodbye."

"Goodbye, All For One." I waved in a semi-dismissive way, not wanting it to come off as a friendly gesture.

With that, I left and ran towards the waiting Naomasa.

"Y/n, you look...happy?"

"I can basically confirm it for you, Naomasa...All For One is married and a father." I showed him the notes, "He apparently has a son. Perhaps once I finally dig up the receipts of the first flowers he got for the date and his wife's name, everything will open up and we can figure it out!"

"Damn...I never thought it was true. How do you know he wasn't lying, though?" He walked with me towards the exit of the building.

"Well, two reasons, really...I think I've learned a bit from you and your Quirk. Also, I maaaaaybeee blackmailed him a little? I need to stop by the visitation desk and make an appointment to visit him again in two weeks."

"Ah, the hustle...very smart of you, everyone falls for it!"

I was elated with this information.