The Calm Before the Storm

((Spoilers for the BNHA Movie: Two Heroes in this and the next chapter))

The summer air gusted into my hair when we entered customs. The high-class security system scanned the three of us, our profiles coming up on the wall to analyze. I yawned and slugged my backpack around my shoulders.

Izuku pranced forward like a kid in a candy store. Well, I do admit, the island was amazingly decorated with the newest technology and bright colors for those attending the expo. He was like a puppy-made-human with his bright glowing eyes. I stifled a giggle, linking my arm around Toshinori's. "They really went all-out, huh?"

"I'm surprised there are this many people here before the expo even officially open to the public!" Toshinori exclaimed, his eyes widening for a moment as we each scanned the crowd.

"The pictures of this place don't do it justice!" Izuku said excitedly.

"Unlike back in Japan, people are allowed to use their Quirks however they wish on this island. The pavilions are jam-packed with attractions and demonstrations. Make some time for them later!" Toshinori was definitely freeing up some time for him to spend with his friend. I couldn't wait to see him and Melissa!

"Oh, that's right! I totally forgot about the Quirk use thing here." I hummed thoughtfully, "I'll probably be going to some too, so you can spend time with good old Davey."

Toshinori flashed a grateful glance to me as he checked his phone for the address of our hotel. "The hotel should be around here somewhere..."

An employee of the expo came up to us, "Hi, welcome to I-Expo...I- Oh my gosh! Is that you, All Might!?" her eyes flashed with awe and wonderment, her shriek attracting the attention of almost every person in the area.

"Uh-oh..." I whispered under my breath. My head spun and my grip on my husband's arm tightened. The crowds came rushing in like tidal waves, and Toshi knew the drill. He swept me up and sat me on his shoulder so I could avoid the swarms of reporters and fans, laughing hardily all the while.

"Mrs. Yagi, what brings you and your husband to I-Island?" A reporter extended a microphone up to me, being jostled by the fans.

"We're, uh...we got invited! A thankful break in teaching for summer vacation has allowed us to come and visit a few scientist friends!" I answered in my best English for the media, my vision catching sight of the poor Izuku being elbowed in the face and disregarded by the people. "Oh goodness, that's our student!" I over-exaggerated my worry, my hope being that the people around us would be willing to help him out a bit.

What a fun little situation...Well, this is the consequence of being around and married to the Number One Hero!
🌻————🌻
"Oh wow...I didn't think we'd get stopped for so long!" Toshinori winced as my jealous wife aura surrounded me while I scrubbed various shades of lipstick off of his face and neck with a makeup remover wipe.

"Too long, too many fangirls..." I hissed, glaring at the wipe, that irrational feeling swarming my brain and clouding my judgment. I was still on his shoulder, straddling it to better reach the extra-pigmented colors.

"I'm afraid we're in terrible danger of being late!" Toshinori set me down when I was done.

"Late? Late for what?" Izuku stood up from slouching in exhaustion from being pummeled by fans.

"Oh yeah, we didn't tell him!" I tucked the wipe into my pocket to throw out later.

"Ah! we wanted to drop in on a dear old pal of ours whom we haven't seen in quite a while!" Toshinori turned to him. "Sorry to spring it on you, but would you mind coming along?"