To Be a Comfort

I knocked on the door of the competitor room. The one I knew Ochako Uraraka was in recovering from her match. She was the one who lost, but her valiant efforts were respectable.

"C-Come in!" She uttered, her voice broken from tears.

Furrowing my eyebrows together, I opened the door and saw her swiping at her eyes, avoiding touching her bandage on her face. "Hi, Uraraka...!"

"Mrs. Yagi! I didn't expect you to come! Were you looking for Deku? He just left." She sniffled, looking past me to the hall for a moment.

I shook my head. "No, no...I came here to see how you were doing." I smiled gently, "Are you doing alright?"

Her puffy face and red eyes betrayed her as she nodded her head, but then she sighed. She sighed as her lips curled into a tiny, sad smile. "I'm feeling better than I did a few minutes ago... My dad called me and we talked. I was feeling terrible after the match..."

"You held your own so well...I just wanted to see if you were alright, I knew how hard it was going to be. Your Quirk is fantastically powerful, and you're doing amazing at controlling your nausea issue! I certainly didn't expect the meteor shower, it was very clever." I came closer and patted my hand on her shoulder.

Uraraka let a chuckle slip out, "Thank you...I just need to get stronger. I need to work more to be more like...Deku, I guess."

"You look up to Midoriya, huh?" I reached down and held her new coat, unwrapping the plastic around it. "Come on, walk with me back to the benches so we can watch his match."

She hummed, letting my drape the jacket on her shoulders.

We exited the room, heading back over toward the stands.

"Deku is amazing...he's strong and powerful, even though his Quirk beats him up. He makes the best of it." Uraraka rubbed under her eye, trying to make it so her tear-lines were invisible. "He's a good friend too and a real hero."

I looked down at her- she wasn't that short- and grinned. Seeing the sparkling look on her face at the thought of him made my heart flutter with joy. Now wasn't the time to be that maternal-teasing nature; she was vulnerable right now.

The light of day shone in from the stands, and we stood in between the student stands and the stairs leading to the teachers' box.

"If he's your source of encouragement, then use his match as a work of inspiration regardless if he wins or loses." I took her shoulders gently, bringing her into a hug.

She wrapped her arms around me, and she accidentally activated her Quirk. I began to levitate off of the ground and she gasped. "Ah! I'm sorry!"

With my wide eyes, I stared down at her as she backed up a few feet and quickly nullified her power. I dropped on the ground and laughed from how comical the situation was. "It's okay...! That was fun, to be honest. But, take what I said to heart, Ochako!"

She nodded once, her face still red from her sorrows. "I will... Thank you for coming to see me, Mrs. Yagi."

"Anytime, young miss. Remember, just like my husband, I am here...for you." I winked, heading toward the stairs as she giggled. Oh, what a stupid little joke that was...

The feeling began to change as I climbed the steps. It was time for the match between Todoroki and Midoriya.

Todoroki's match with Sero was insane...the giant ice wall left damage on the roof of the building and gave the other student severe frostbite on his hands. Recovery Girl was able to heal it, but nonetheless...This was going to be a mindblowing match.