Symbol of Life

In spite of the inevitable sleepless nights, everything was perfect. The first day of the new school year was coming this week and the students of class 1-A were becoming the class 2-A! They were two years away from graduating and I couldn't be more proud.

Izuku Midoriya, the ninth holder of One For all, my husband's power, my distant cousin, and son of the evil All For One was becoming a strong, wonderful hero. He, Katsuki Bakugo, and Shoto Todoroki were heading to the top amongst their peers. They would most likely become the new Big Three in the school.

His class eagerly waited until the day Toshinori and I would walk through those doors of their classroom and show them our little bundle of absolute joy.

Midoriya met her first, being her godfather after all.

Toshi passed her carefully to his successor, whose eyes sparkled with amazement, "Whoa, she's so tiny! She looks a lot like you, All Might!"

My husband laughed, "Ha! She does, doesn't she? I think she likes you."

Nanato gazed up to her godfather with wide, shining blue eyes and wiggled one of her grubby arms toward his face.

"H-Hi, there, Nanato! I'm Izuku, but you can call me Deku-!"

"Uncle Deku, Young Midoriya." Toshi insisted.

"A-Alright. Uncle Deku, it is!" His eyes flashed with wonderment at her, and she made a happy little noise of recognition, "I promise that I'll be the best godfather and protect you! Just like your mom and dad!"

Inko, whose hair was turning a little white from the few months of stress before this, peered at the baby with big eyes. "She's absolutely precious. Congratulations to both of you. How long was your labor?"

"Shorter than any doctor told me it was going to be. Short for a thirty-nine-year-old woman having her first...!" I shrugged and laughed, taking Nanato into my arms and kissing her little forehead.

Toshinori sighed and wrapped an arm around my shoulders, "I can already tell she's gonna get a lot of attention... I mean, the world knows she exists and that she's my daughter..."

"They already have articles, All Might. The day she was born the media announced it." Izuku huffed.

I remembered sitting in the hospital bed, being checked before going home and stumbling across the article, and the millions of congratulatory messages on my social media. 'All Might and Wife Welcome Their Child' and 'Boy or Girl? All Might's Bundle of Joy.' I shook my head and giggled. Oh, that paparazzi.

I changed the subject, "So, Izuku...how's it going with Miss Ochaco, hmm?"

Izuku blushed from forehead to collar, waving his hands in front of him, "Ah! I mean...she's...I-I-!"

"Oh, there's a girl? Young man, you should have told me." Inko pat his head, pursing her lips.

"We're not...we're not dating. I mean she's cute, and I like her, but she doesn't-!"

"Like you back? Izuku...honey...you are blind and oblivious. That girl has one of the biggest crushes on you. She wants to be like you, remember?" I grinned at him.

He was flustered still, but his eyes widened and he hummed, "She likes me...Huh..."

That might turn out nicely.

---------

My sleep was interrupted by crying from the other side of the flat. Nanato was awake and wailing her little heart out.

I furrowed my brow, not wanting to leave the warm covers of the bed. At that moment, I felt a soft kiss to my brow, "It's okay, I'll take care of it."

I opened an eye and saw Toshinori climbing out of bed and pulling on his sweatpants.

"Mm, thank you..." I yawned, "You're my hero."

He chuckled and left the room.

That's the last thing I remember before waking up again. It was morning, and the crying was gone. Light poked its way through the blinds, and the new blanket of snow on the ground made me want to stay here in the warm apartment all day. I wrapped myself up in one of the plush blankets and sat on the edge of the bed, taking notice that my husband wasn't there with me.

I walked out of the room, and into the living room. He wasn't here...

I began to brew myself tea, pouring a cup of it and setting it on the counter. The smell of it made me feel warm inside.

I saw the nursery door was slightly ajar, so I went to take a peek at my Nanato.

In the corner, I saw Toshinori in the rocking chair, asleep, Nanato on his chest. Both were out like a light, and both were smiling.

My heart fluttered, and I found my phone, snapping a picture.

I posted it to my Instagram, captioning it, 'He's the best father in the world to her, and the best husband in the world for taking care of her last night. I love my sunflower.'

I love my sunflower and daisy.