Hold Me and Heal Me

"Oh, interesting...So, you think the citric acid from the orange juice converts itself into a semi-combustible fuel...?" I leaned my elbows on the desk beside Iida.

The student gave a determined nod, "I gain the most energy from drinks with citrus in them. I have probable cause to believe that my engines run on some form of citric acid-based fuel, yes."

I gave a small smile, "Well, you seem to have a good grasp on understanding it, then... Keep developing your analysis."

"Yes, ma'am."

The typical chatter of a high school classroom came back to me as I pulled my focus away from the class representative.

Everyone's projects were coming along spiffingly. I looked forward to reading everyone's final products in a week... It was due the day before the Sports Festival. That was planned on my part; I wanted to know as much as I could about their Quirks before the time for their trials came. I wanted to know who knew their Quirk best.

I went back over to my lab bench in the front of the room, taking a few glances around as I saw my phone lying dormant under a few papers. I dusted them aside and subtly hit the home button to wake up the screen.

There were a few messages on it that came when I was walking about the classroom.

Two from Toshinori...the first sent about an hour ago.

'Love you, dear. have a nice class'

I smiled at it and cleared the banner to read the next.

The second made my heart lurch slightly.

'Come to the teachers' offices as soon as possible. Something has happened to your father and we need to get you to see your mother.'

It had only been sent two minutes ago.

The latest text was from my father himself...thirty seconds ago at that...

'I just want you to know that I love you so much."

I must have looked shaken. What the hell...what happened to my parents...? I stared downward with wide eyes of absolute terror. I stuffed my phone into my pocket as the clock ticked loud above my head.

Tick...

Tick...

Tick...

I fought down panic, "Students..." I called across the room, creating silence. "I need to step out for a moment, but please, continue working."

I bent over and wrote down a shaken instruction to whoever would substitute for me before I speed-walked to the door. I closed it behind me and broke into a sprint.

I needed to get to the teachers' office space...What happened to my father?

My legs carried me so fast that I nearly slammed into the doorpost at my high velocity. "I'm here, I'm here! What's wrong!?"

Toshinori was there with Naomasa, Nezu, and a few officers I had interacted with in the past.

The solemn expression of worry and gloom on my Toshinori's face, while he resided in his hero form sent a chill across my entire body. It was as if my insides were burning up, but my skin was as cold as ice.

"Mrs. Yagi, it seems as if your father has been taken from his home...Your mother only suffered a fall and shock, and she's recovering quickly..." Naomasa pressed his lips together in a cringe. He had come to be a family friend. He and his younger sister had come for Christmas many years in a row, and he had grown to be a good buddy to my father, much like a son. I could tell he was just as confused.