So Much Still Unknown

"Come on, Toshi...Please come with me to work. You're pushing yourself too much." I reached out and grabbed Toshinori's wrist, pleadingly looking up at his face.

His expression fell slightly when he saw my face, "I'm sorry, dear...I heard someone call for help, I can't resist. Just one, I swear!"

I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow of doubt, "I...OKay, just one. There are other heroes who will be able to help people...Please be on time to the rescue training today. I'll bring your lunch for you." I grabbed the middle of his tie, lightly yanking it down. I kissed him on the lips, then let go.

"O-Okay...just one." He gave me one solid nod.

So, we went our ways. I went to the train station and rode the line to work.

Toshinori didn't show up after my morning classes with the general study classes. My disappointment was noticeable, as well as my nervousness. Did he get killed? I checked my phone for any news notification to indicate that, not no...He was alive, and he probably tired himself out.

I've noticed that his Quirk was progressively getting weaker and weaker since he passed it on. He was at risk of using up his time quicker, and it was getting to my head.

"Y/n." There was a knock on the doorframe.

I glanced upwards to see Aizawa, Class 1A's instructor. "It's time we go...the kids are waiting by the bus."

"Alright, I'll be there in one minute. Just gotta gather my notes."

It had been a week since I had assigned the Quirk Chemistry project. It was my turn to analyze the students of the hero course's Quirks in action to start making my best guesses in order to help them. It was my responsibility to help them, after all.

"Have you seen your husband at all? He's supposed to be there." Aizawa rubbed his eyes, having probably just woken up from a nap.

"Not since we left the house this morning..." I sighed, flicking the lights in the room off. I tucked my phone into my pocket after checking for more notifications.

He grumbled in response.

We reached outside, seeing as a few of the students were getting on the bus.

"Hi, Mrs. Yagi." Midoriya wasn't wearing his hero costume like the rest of his classmates. He had on his PE uniform. I heard that the costume was trashed in the fighting exercise three days ago. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to analyze how your Quirks work." I flashed him a knowing smile. "So I can help you guys on your projects."

"Ah, that makes sense." Uraraka nodded beside him.

Midoriya coughed into his hand. "Hey...Mrs. Yagi, can I ask you something in private real quick?"

"Sure!"

Uraraka walked a few feet away to prevent herself from eavesdropping.

"Um...how do I explain One For All? It's like a...kaplow! And I usually break my bones...All Might doesn't know how to explain it to me, I guess. It kinda feels like heat? Also, are you taking notes? I take notes, too, maybe I can help and compare-!"

The boy mumbled hysterically, almost as if he forgot about the initial questions.

"Izuku." I tapped him extremely gently on the cheek, snapping him back to reality. "Don't worry about it for now. I know very little about how the Quirk works, frankly...I didn't hear about the breaking bone thing, what?!"

"Y-Yeah...Recovery Girl is able to help me most of the time...but One For All is shattering my bones..." He rubbed his arms, looking a little glum. "I think I'm using it wrong..."