Sweet Dreams for Toshinori

I hung around in the teachers' offices, my pen writing symbols of approval and correction on the chemistry finals from the previous week. No one failed! The lowest grade was from Denki Kaminari, and even then it was only an 80. Momo Yaoyorozu and Itsuka Kendo each shared the top spot with 104. It was wonderful; it made me feel like my novice teaching methods were working!

I entered the grades into their report cards, smiling as I hit the send button on my computer.

I leaned back into my chair and stretched my hands above my head, filled with happiness and excitement of the future. A future with my husband and a greatly possible child. Even if it was a short one, I appreciated the time I had.

The sliding door opened, the figure walking in none other than Toshinori himself. "Ugh...staying in my muscle form for a long time is excruciating..."

"Hi, dear...We'll definitely have to take a break for a few days, huh?" I looked up at him and his get-up made me sputter and bust out laughing. "Sunflower, what are you wearing!?"

The outfit was green cargo shorts with a black shirt, yet with spiky shoulder pads, black fingerless gloves, and a horned mask under his arm. He chortled tiredly, the table shaking as he placed the mask down on it beside his computer.

"Is that your villain costume? For the exercises with the students?" I stood and played with the spikes while giggling.

"Yeah...that was comical today, if only you were there. Asui almost made me break character at the beginning." He chuckled, entering his password on his computer in order to read any emails he might have had. "What are you doing, love?"

"I just finished with all of my grading for the semester and responded to all the emails from students...teacher stuff." I hugged him and grinned up at him.

He hummed, "Oh, that's right...I had an email to check out."

"Oh?" I let go of him and stood behind his chair as he sat down at his computer. I rested my chin on top of his head, his ragged hair dusting across my cheeks and chin.

"It's from Melissa." He clicked on it.

I perked up even more with glee. "Melissa!? What's it say?"

Toshinori cleared his throat and read it aloud for me to hear. "Dear Uncle Might...It's been such a long time! Melissa Shield, here. I bet you're surprised to get a message from me. I'm writing to you because I-Expo will be held in I-Island soon, where Papa and I live! Schools in Japan are on summer vacation right now, right? You and Auntie Y/n  should come to see Papa! I'll send you both a formal invitation to the Expo later... A Japanese hero who fought villains while studying abroad reunites with his American friend after so many years. Don't you think it sounds dramatic?

P.s: This is a surprise. He'll be so shocked if you show up out of the blue! Can you imagine the look on his face when he sees you again?"

Toshinori looked up at me, reminiscing of his youngest days while living in America. I hadn't seen David or Melissa since before Toshi's injury while on vacation to I-Island!

An email pinged on my phone, and I opened it to see it was a copy of the tickets for the Expo. "Melissa sent us the tickets! There's three of them!"

"Three?"

"Yeah! Why don't we take Midoriya with us? I mean, introduce him to important people from your past. Plus, he's probably wanted to go to the I-Expo for years!" I pat his back, "It's in two days, but we can go to the preview if we leave tonight!"

Toshinori smiled, nodding once and opening his own phone, "I'll dial up my pilot and see if we can get him to fly us overnight! If that's the case, let's go home and speed-pack!"

"Suprise vacation!!" I excitedly yelled, shaking the back of his chair with laughter.

He swayed with the force, unclipping the heavy material from his villain outfit.

I smirked, bumping my hip into him when he stood, "You should bring that home during training camp weak...maybe we could do a little...roleplay?"

A deep red blush covered him from forehead to collar, and he dribbled blood down his chin. "O-okay...yeah, I-I'd like that."

I was satisfied with my ability to still make him flush the way he did. He was so self-conscious these days that it became even easier for compliments to land. Everything was genuine about how I felt, so that also packed a sucker-punch of love.
🌻————🌻
I felt the heavy body weight of my husband lean into me in the last few hours of our flight. He was out cold but had a dim little smile across his thin lips. I wonder what he was dreaming about...

I sighed as his heat covered me like a security blanket.

Izuku looked over at me and held back laughter with his hand.

"He's cute, isn't he?" I glanced up at Toshinori and back to the boy.

"He's a really heavy sleeper!" He whispered, resting his pencil in the binder of the notebook he was writing in.

I nodded lightly as not to disturb Toshinori's slumber. "He's always been...I guess that training exercise tired him out. He's always tired these days...ever since his accident." I frowned and clasped my hand around Toshi's.

"How did you do it?" Izuku uttered, shaking his head.

"Do what?"

"Not break down...not lose your mind over All Might's injury and his health? Isn't it stressful?" The boy made a valid point by asking this...There were only a few explanations, and all rooted back to one simple truth.

"I worry like crazy over his health. I know he's the Symbol of Peace...but sometimes I just wish he was a man with lesser responsibilities. I wish he cared more about himself..." I brushed my fingers over his knuckles. "But...I'm mainly fine with all of it because I knew he'd pull through...I knew he'd have trouble, but I was more than willing to care for him because I love him."

Izuku huffed out of his nose, smiling while looking down upon on the world below from the window. "It's amazing to know All Might has someone like you in his life..."

A grin tugged at the corners of my lips, "I'd say that it's been a happy marriage...even when we were hiding it from everyone. How'd you react when you found out All Might was married?"

He snorted, "I was ten...I thought you were cool even then. Though, I do remember being confused as to why you and he came out about that when you did. Now I know it was because you thought All For One was dead..."

"I think the reason we managed to not succumb to fear was the fact we never had any fights." It was true. A philosophy we discovered early in our relationship was probably what made it last this long.

"You guys never fought?"

"Not while we were married. When we were dating-maybe a few months before we got engaged- I got mad at him for something stupid...I think he broke something in our kitchen on accident. I hadn't had a good day or something, so I yelled at him and we fought for a few hours...silent treatment. Then, we proposed that we shouldn't argue over stupid things. If we were to argue, it would be serious issues only. Most of the important things in our life are able to be spoken about with civility, however. Since we've had a lot of strife in the last few years, you may think we've had a lot of fights...but no, most things we agree on. And all of our little disagreements are settled with banter." I explained, watching his expression change to one of understanding.

"Wow...that's a cool philosophy." The boy blushed softly and looked at his thumbs in his lap.

"Cali...fornia...smash..." Toshi mumbled in between snores.

Izuku and I locked eyes for a few seconds, then we each busted out laughing. I covered my mouth while my lungs made my chest spasm at how funny that was.

"I wonder what he's dreaming about..." I wiped my eye from the tears of hilarity.

We were landing soon, the sun rising over the ocean...we'd wake him up a little before. Sweet dreams, Toshinori.