Flynns POV

I slid down the wall.

I have never felt pain like this before.

I chucked my boot on the floor next to me.

Oceane looked like she was going to pass out. I grabbed her hand and pulled her down to me. "Here.. have this." I pulled some water out of my pocket. Her eyes looked weak. She took it and had a small sip. She fumbled around in her bag until she found her pills and took two. Handing over the bottle, I took a sip and tried to lift my leg.

I cursed loudly.

My hands trembled as I started to strap the boot back on. 

Oceane was sitting next to me with her head in her knees.

Oh God I hope she's okay.

"Oceane?" I rubbed her back and she looked at me. She closed her eyes for a  second and a tear ran down her face when they reopened. I pulled her close and said "You're so brave. I'm so proud of you."

Oceane helped me up to my feet and we left the alleyway. 

We had to run

If we didn't we could of been caught again.

Who knows what Danny would of done to us.

It's best now to go to a public place and devise a new plan.

But in such a small place, where does one go?

The largest cafe that in reality was no larger than a shed.

A slight exaggeration

Oceane hasn't said a word.

"Oceane?" I stopped walking and gave her a concerned look?.

She looked away from my eye line and sadness spread across her face.

"Talk to me." I said

"I don't want to run anymore..." Her voice was weak and I could tell it pained her.

"I... I wish I was still a journalist writing for newspapers. I wish all I had to worry about was my rent and what was on TV.. " Her eyes became glazed.

"The only good thing that's happened to me is... well, you." She looked up at me with her brown eyes.

I hugged her tightly and never wanted to let go. I need to find a way to end this madness, for the both of us. Before its to late.

We sat in the cafe and I watched Oceane stir her tea.

I have no idea what to do.

I ran my fingers through my hair and sat back in my seat. I don't know what to say or do to make her feel better. I would do anything for her.

A few moments had passed when Oceanes head darted up. In shock, I did the same action. Before I knew it, she was out of her seat and leaving the cafe.

"Come on!" She called as she got to the door.

I blinked and shook my head, downed the rest of my tea and followed her out.

By then she was gone.

Oceane POV

It was her.

I know it. I just know it.

I saw Vanessa.

Walk past the window.

I know it's her.

"Vanessa!" I called out the dark haired woman.

To my luck, she turned around.

"Hello? Do I know you?" She looked near enough exactly the same. 

I heard Flynn come up behind me but I just continued. "Yes. I suppose you do. I'm very sorry to disturb you but I was wondering if I... we could talk to you a minute?" I nodded to the small Cafe we had just come from.

She gave me a reluctant look and said  "Sorry, I don't know who you are and ..." She began to turn away from us.

"Elta Smith!" I called out to her.

She stopped dead in her tracks.

"Matthew smith and Martha winters." I walked closer to her.

"How.. do you..?" Her voice became softer.

"Please. Just a moment of your time?" I asked again.

This time her shoulders relaxed and she followed us.

We sat back down at the table and I said "This is going to be really strange to hear after all these years but.. I'm Elta's Daughter."

A trembled hand met her mouth. "Oceane..?" She asked. I nodded slowly.

"And I'm Martha's son." Flynn said.

"Flynn...?" He nodded at her.

"You two... are so grown up. I can't believe your here." Her hands still trembled.

"I am very sorry to be so direct Ms Sambello, but we need to talk to you about my father. John." Flynn stated. Vanessas face grew sad.

"I'm guessing by your tone, you know?" Me and Flynn both looked at eachother, back at her and nodded.

"It depends how much is obvious." I said.

"Because something tells me by the letter I recieved you Know about Johns skelentons too." I continued.

"I'm glad the letter reached you. The only Oceane in the county. You obviously know about the affair. I'm guessing you want to know about Micheal and John." She paused and dazed for a moment.

"It was after youre mother died, Flynn. I believe you had your own place at this time. Elta had told Martha about the affair through a letter. She wrote many of them. After she died I found at least half a dozen. Once Martha found out, she packed her bags and left. Not without telling Micheal. Elta warned her not too. But, she didn't listen. Micheal confronted me and I told him the truth, just like i'm going to tell you. The baby was not concieved...willingly."

I felt my jaw tighten.

"He told me that John was going to pay. He said he would make him suffer. By then, John had moved out the apartment and into the inner city. It was once Martha died that John resurfaced. He came back to the apartment building, drunk, and said that if this was Micheals way of making him suffer, he had no chance. He felt nothing for her."

Flynns fist tightend. I touched his hand and held it under the table.

"They were on the stairwell. Arguing, fighting. I came out of our apartment when I heard a thud and yell. I came rushing down and the first thing I saw was Micheal landing at the bottom of the stairwell. John standing there so calmly. He looked up at me and without another word, left."

"Why didn't you call the police? " I asked. 

"Micheal Sambello,Nortorious gangsta killed? The police loved it. I called the ambulance and they did an investigation. John was interviewed. Once. Nothing ever became of it." I saw tears form in Vanessas eyes.

I looked at Flynn who had gone awfully quiet.

"That bastard. That f**king bastard."