Emma POV

"So.." I said as I looked up at Drew in the parking lot. Danny had gone home in his car seeing as I had mine.

"So..." He said.

"What's going to become of this?" I asked, pointing at him then me.
He placed his hands on my shoulders and took a deep breath.

"You have to be with Danny. Just until we find a way to get out of this mess. You can't let onto nothing."

I closed my eyes and a tear fell down my face.
"I know it's difficult. I swear to you, I will get you away from him. I will save you Emma. Trust me, if I had it my way, you would be in my arms and o would never let go. But that would be dangerous. I have to keep you at a safe distance..." He explained.

I looked up into his sad green eyes.

"Kiss me... One last time." I said.
Our lips met and it was sweet. The gentleness but tenderness... It's so difficult to explain.

"Go... Before I have to keep you here..." I said to him.
He smiled weakly and without another word, left.

As much as I just wanted to be in his arms...

Drew POV

So
I got in my car
And drove away.
I'm not going to get upset because there's no point in it.
As you can tell I'm quite... Blank
Apart from my sarcastic persona in just very... Blank.

But! My main mission is to gather everyone together to discuss my recent finds. Oceane will most likely be discharged tomorrow, so until then...

"Five guys..." I smiled as I turned into the parking lot.

Flynn POV

I leaned against a dark alley wall with the only light coming through was from the street lamp nearby that emitted a red glow.

There's a Reason by all names for places.

And red caves alley is no different.

"Boy..." I heard someone say.
John came into light and I stood up straight.

"Didn't think you would show." I stated

"I never go back on my word."

"How about the vows you made to my mother?" I stepped closer to him

He scoffed and said "you got me there boy. Now, what do you want?"

I turned around and tapped the wall with my foot.
"Do you know what happened right here?"
He shrugged his shoulders.

"A woman was brutally beaten to death here about 8 months ago. She was involved with Danny against her own will." I pulled a sheet of paper out of my pocket.

"But, you see no investigation went into her death. Yet there was no reason for it. A young woman, no criminal past, aspiring physiotherapist... Yet they ruled her death as accidental."

"Where are you going with this boy?"

"Your signature is down on this authorized document, a witness statement to say she fell down the steps..." I pointed to the ones across the street

"Stumbled across here..." I followed her apparent steps.

"And landed right... Here." I looked up at him.

"However! The only reason why the police believed this is due to a second signature from... Daniel Simmons. His statement wasn't identical but it was believable and similar." I got closer to him and my tone darkened.

"So. I'm safely going to make the conclusion that you know what Danny has done to us. You know he is going to marry your daughter. The only person in this world that still has a slither of faith in you." I got closer to his face.
"Now I've found out you are the reason that Oceane has brain damage and nearly died. I could bring you to the ground. Send me to prison, through the keys away. I don't care. You made me into this emotionless bastard I am today but Oceane releases that bit of good in me. And I nearly lost her."

"Fine. I knew. But it's not how you think."

"How so?"

"What if I told you, I had and have no choice? That he would kill me? That him messing with you is just a game to get to me and nothing else? But what Danny doesn't realise is I lost you the day you were born. We are nothing to each other. That's just the truth. I was never meant to be a family man, Flynn. But somehow it happened. I know what I know. I'm... sorry. Don't take that over your head to much. It's the most I will say considering it nearly cost you your lives." He glanced at the floor.

"What's the only thing I ever taught you?" He continued.

"Always look out for number one." I said.

"The clue I'm going to give you is going to help you out. Watch the news report on Micheal and Martha's death. Closely." He said.

He turned around and started to walk away.
"What did I do to make you hate me?"
He stopped in his tracks.

"It's the way I am the way I'll always be Flynn. You were always someone weaker and smaller than me to take my anger out on." He didn't turn around.
He looked over his shoulder and said "until now." And continued to walk away.

But I didn't see the monster that terrorised my dreams and my reality.
I saw a weakened, old, tired version of that monster.

And whatever I try to convince myself.

I still share blood with him.

I am the son of a monster.

Oceane POV.

I tossed and turned in my hospital bed and to no avail, I didn't find comfort. I miss my bed and Flynn laying next to me. It's not even late, but what else am I meant to do but sleep? I hope I can leave tomorrow. My legs feel weak again but that's to be expected. I just don't want to be on my own.
I heard a knock at the door and bolted upright and in entered...

"Flynn..." I said.

"How did you..?"

"I arranged a time after my little errand." He sat down in the chair by my bed.
I rolled over to face him and said "do you think I'll be getting out tomorrow?"
He nodded.
"Yes. You're doing much better. I'll see to it that you get out." I weakly smiled at him.

"Good." I murmured.

He smiled and held my hand.

"Glad to see your okay now... you know not high off meds." I giggled.

"Yeah yeah. I don't deal well with those things. I just needed that damn boot off. It was driving me insane." He rubbed his head with his free hand.

"What was your errand?" I asked.

"Promise you won't pull my ear when you're better?"

"Flynn..."

"Alright. I spoke to John about everything. Price has been helping me out on a few things. As soon as your out of here, everyone is going to get together and say all the new information they've found out during the past week. Until then..." He kissed my hand.

"I must be going."

"If you must..."

"Goodnight Oceane." He stood up and walked over to the door.

"Goodnight Flynn."

And with that, he was gone.