"Don't Keep Me Waiting"

"Not that one, sister. It's too bold." James pointed at the dress that I pulled off the rack, putting it back before moving further down. James and I were shopping for outfits for his party which was in just over six hours.

"How about this one?" I asked, turning around and holding the next item of clothing against my body.

"Definitely not, too many sequins. You might as well be a fucking glitterball!" He replied as he crunched his face, shaking his head rapidly before rushing to a different section of the store we were currently in.

"James, this is useless. We've been shopping for three hours and we still can't find anything for me, I'm exhausted!" I moaned after rushing over to James, his eyes scanning the new rack in front of him.

"No one said that shopping was easy, sweetie."

"But we found something for you so easily."

"Well I'm not hard to shop for." James snapped as he pulled something off of the metal bar, eyes glued to another dress. With his eyebrows pinched together, James shoved the object in front of me as he took a moment to look at the view. After a few seconds, his eyes widened as a smile formed on his face. "We're trying this one!" He yelled in excitement, clapping his hands together before grabbing my hand and dragging me towards the dressing rooms.

"S-shouldn't we look for more dresses first." I asked as we reached an available room.

"We don't need to, I know that this dress is going to be the one." I rolled my eyes at excited James as I took the item of clothing and closed the curtain. "Hurry up, don't keep me waiting."

I scanned the dress that was hung up on the wall, curious why on earth James would think that I would look good in this. The colour was not something I suited, the style was definitely something new to me, and it looked so grown up. I knew that I could either pull this off and look incredibly sexy, or I could look like I had just worn a towel. The thoughts in my head were soon pushed aside as I decided to slip on the dress, also putting on a pair of high heels that James found in the same colour, how convenient?
It was easy getting myself together, I mean the dress was far from complicated, it was more of a simple dress that was definitely made for this type of occasion.

Once I changed my outfit, I turned around to look at my reflection in the wall mirror. As my eyes lay of myself, I stood frozen in shock, eyes wide. It sounds stupid but I had never ever felt so happy whilst wearing something in my life, it was as if the dress was made for me and for me only. My hands covered my mouth as I turned to the side, viewing how it lay around my body. The dress didn't show off my curves, but that didn't matter to me since I looked so grown up and elegant, something I never thought I could be due to me usually going out in sweats and a t-shirt. I felt beautiful.

(If you guys don't like the outfit choice then imagine another green dress, but I think that it is perfect for the occasion since it isn't too fancy

(If you guys don't like the outfit choice then imagine another green dress, but I think that it is perfect for the occasion since it isn't too fancy.)

My hand grazed against the curtains, pulling them to the side so that my eyes lay on my best friend who was on his phone. I lightly coughed, causing the boy to snap his head up towards me, mouth dropping to the floor once he had a good look.

"Y/n!" He awed, taking a step closer to me. "You look gorgeous." My smile widened, James and I squealing in excitement. "Everyone's eyes will be on you."

Suddenly, my smile disappeared as my mind wondered. "I wish Ethan and Grayson could be there." I whispered.

"We all do, but don't worry they'll be here before you know it." James stated, placing his hands in mine before giving them a gentle squeeze. "Trust me."

Hey kitty girls!!

So today I'm feeling generous and will be posting another chapter cause I love you guys, plus it is a new year special ❤️

Second chapter will be uploaded very soon