"ANSWER YOUR PHONE DAMMITTTTTTTT"

My phone buzzed again next to me as the light from the screen appeared, displaying my notifications. I didn't even look over to check, instead I continued to stare at the TV that was playing Mulan (fucking love that movie), expressionless.

I hadn't talked to the sister squad recently, due to different things. Ethan and Emma were making up for the time they hadn't seen each other, James was around the world as well as filming collabs with different YouTubers, and as for Grayson...you already know the reason. I thought that I needed time away from him, but all it did was make me feel more depressed every hour. He would send texts at least four times a day to make sure that I was ok or asking for forgiveness, but I never bothered to reply. I don't know exactly why I didn't, maybe because I was scared that he really did cheat on me, or maybe because I didn't believe that I was good enough for him, that I was just some girl to him. Sure we'd been through a lot for a few months, but I always doubted his feelings for me. Like come on, a guy that attractive and kind and humorous and intelligent would be way out of my league. In high school, the unpopular girl would never get the popular guy (unless you count movies), they would always go for the skinny, big boobs and ass, full face of makeup Barbie doll.

Not me.

My legs were tucked against my chest as I rested my chin on my knees, wondering why I couldn't be as independent as Mulan was. She was an inspiring character to me when I was growing up, I wanted to be just like her and do all the cool things she did. She may not be a princess like the others, but she was better, a warrior who proved that females can do anything (Sorry for my inner feminist coming out) males can do.

The best part about her was that she didn't need to wear a dress, put on makeup or act feminine to get a guy, she was just herself.

A smile creeped onto my face as I thought about why Grayson was with me, it was because he liked me for me. Sure he may be a fucking god that would stereotypically go for attractive girls but he didn't like girls because of their appearance. My eyes left the tv before landing on my phone that was now turned off, surprising myself that I stopped paying attention to the movie. A huff left my lips as I picked up the object, a jolt of fear running through my body as I wondered what to do. With my lips pinched, hands shaking and my heart racing, I pressed the edge of my finger against the cold button, light appearing with messages presented.

Although I was glad about it, my heart also sank as I read Ethan's name appear with a few texts, not Grayson's. I slid the notification across and typed in my password before being able to read all of the messages he had sent me.

Hi y/n, are you free to come over today?
11:03AM

Y/n?
11:15AM

Y/N ANSWER YOUR PHONE DAMMITTTTTTTT
12:07:PM

Sorry Ethan, was in the middle of something 🙄
Why do you want me to come over?

I'm bored :(

What's wrong with Emma?

She's hanging out with Bryant today

And Grayson?

He's out at the moment

Can you just come over then?
I can't be asked to moveeeeeee

You're so fucking lazy y/n 🤦‍♂️

Tell me something I don't know

That your hair is crusty

Haha funny 😒

Please come overrrrrrrrr 🙏❤️

Uh fine
Cause I'm such a great friend

Haha you are
Come over whenever 😊

With a groan, I stood up from the couch so that I could get changed, knowing that I couldn't go out in short shorts and a shitty crop top when it was freeeeeeeeezing outside. I jogged up the stairs and into my room to view all of my clothes in the closet, finally picking out my outfit after a few minutes.

Although I couldn't be bothered to see Ethan, I knew that it was good for my antisocial ass to actually step out of the house for what felt like years

But I had no idea what he had in store for me.

Happy Valentine's Day my lovelies ❤️ hope you've eaten enough chocolate to be in a food coma.

Just wanted to say that for the next month I may be posting later than usual, mainly due to having a lot on my plate. This includes exams, events, school work (etc) which is my main focus at all times.

As always I will try to post every 4/5 days but if I can't then you know the reason.