"Haha Suckers!"

Y/n's POV:

The Dolan family and I sat around the dining room due to a house meeting being called by Sean himself, who was looking weaker than he was the day before. It was like the joyous life he lived was drained from him, every single drop of it.

"I want to do something today, especially since it's Friday." Sean stated, looking across the room at his children who were all sat around a large table. Each one of them stared at their mother who was standing behind Sean, her eyes widened.

"Like what?" Cameron asked as she leaned further across the table, placing her fingers together on the piece of furniture.

"Something fun, something adventurous that I've always wanted to do." He replied, a smile creeping onto his face as he thought about going out with his family.

But Lisa didn't seem to like the idea.

"Dear, I don't think that it would be-"

"What about scuba diving!?" Sean asked excitedly.

Lisa rolled her eyes as her husband continued to ignore her. "Honey with your condition we ca-"

"We could go bungee jumping!"

"Sean I'm speaking to you-"

"Who's up for a game of wedgy hangman?" Sean asked as his smile widened, causing the rest of us to burst out laughing, clutching onto our stomachs.

"Sean Dolan!" Lisa snapped, immediately bringing silence upon us. "There is no way in god's name that we are going to do anything outside of this house. You need to rest."

Sean didn't turn around to look at Lisa, instead he dropped his head so that his eyes met the table, his smile completely gone.

"I know that you're trying to take care of me Lisa but there's no point, I'm going to die before the week finishes whether you like it or not." Nobody said a word since we were all taken back by his response, especially Lisa. "My final days here are going to be the best and most memorable ones, and I don't intend on wasting them sleeping in a bed."

Ethan, Grayson, Cameron and I shot looks at each other as Lisa thought for a moment, trying to come up with an argument against his point. But by the look on her face, she couldn't.

"How about rock climbing, I know you want to do something extreme but I don't want us or the children getting hurt. Especially since y/n is in our care."

Sean's eyes met mine so that my posture stiffened, I didn't know what he was thinking.

"Sounds perfect." He finally muttered, slowly getting up from the chair, cuing Lisa to help him stand. Once he was fully up, he looked down at us with a cheerful smile. "Let's go, kids."

—————————————————————————————————————

"I'm almost at the top!" I heard Cameron yell from my left, noticing that she was slightly higher than me.

"No! I can't let you win." Grayson replied as he groaned, attempting to catch up with his older sister. I looked to my right to see that Grayson's face was bright pink as his eyes were glued to the red button at the top.

Ethan however was taking his time, yet somehow managed to be in front of Grayson and I, closely behind Cameron. "You guys are actually trying." He laughed.

"That's the point of this game, Ethan."

Before I knew it, an alarm went off which signalled that someone had touched the button, causing Cameron to slide down the course.

"Haha suckers!" She snickered whilst holding up the middle finger, only pissing off Grayson even more.

"But I wanted to win." He moaned which only caused me to laugh due to him being such a child.

I continued to climb further up the wall, taking deep breaths in and out. My mind was so focused on the course that I didn't notice the alarm go off once again until Ethan shouted, "Second place bitches!"

It was only me and Grayson.

My eyes shifted towards him to see that we were on the same level, both close to finishing, and I knew that he didn't want to come last. Although I didn't really want to be that kind of person, I decided to let Grayson overtake me, leaving him to slam the red button against the palm of his sweaty hand.

"Third!" He yelled before letting go of the wall, sliding downwards.

It really didn't take me long to finish the course before I claimed my position as last, meeting the others on the ground.

"I beat you all haha!" Cameron mocked us, pointing her fingers at her brothers, especially Grayson who was exhausted. Sweat was pouring down his face, it was actually pretty hot.

"I found it so funny that y/n let Gray beat her." Ethan laughed as he took his gear off.

"She did not!" Grayson snapped.

"Come on man, y/n could've slaughtered you."

Grayson's eyes met mine, a small smile creeping onto his pink, plump lips. He muttered a quick "thank you" before continuing to take the equipment off.

My eyes wondered around the massive room until they stopped on Sean and Lisa who were climbing one of the courses together. She stayed right beside him as they continued to complete the mini one together.

"That could be us you know." Grayson stated as he wrapped his warm around me, the scent of sweat smacking me in the face, but I didn't mind.

A chuckle left me as my smile widened, admiring the cute married couple. "They're so cute together."

"It's because of love." Grayson replied, only making my heart drop for many reasons. "I can't believe that it's going to be taken away from them."

"Nothing can conquer love, as cringy as it sounds." I turned around to Grayson, who's eyes were still glued to his parents. "Even if they are in two different worlds."

The thought of love came to me as I wondered about Gray and I. Neither of us had said the words but I did wonder whether he thought about it, about whether he loved me or not, because I certainly did. To be honest I wasn't completely sure whether I loved him or not, but as I scanned Grayson with my orbs, noticing little features about him, I knew that when I would fall in love with the boy, I'd know.