"You Know What To Do"

"Alright Miss l/n, you're on in fifteen." A crew member said before closing the door, leaving me alone with my tour manager, Kate (lol such a random name). A sigh escaped me as I viewed myself in the mirror, lights surrounding it so that I could see my bold makeup as well as my perfectly straightened hair. I loved the look mainly because it was something that I wouldn't originally go for, yet it suited me.

"I'm going to make sure that everything is set up again, I'll be back in a bit." Kate stated, standing up from the couch in my dressing room and exiting, eyes glued to her phone as she headed out.

I could feel the nerves building up as I continued to stare at my own reflection, hoping that my first show of the tour would go well. Although my dressing room was quite far from the stage, I could hear fans screaming and chanting my name repetitively, wanting the show to start. My heart began to race as goosebumps formed on my skin, tapping my foot up and down which I tend to do when I'm about to shit myself, I had never been this nervous.

My eyes left the mirror and fell onto my desk, viewing my phone that had just made a sound, indicating that I got a text. Without thought, my fingers laced around the object before opening my notification.

It was Grayson.

Just been editing a video and couldn't stop thinking about you, hope your show goes well x

The corners of my mouth perked upwards into a smile as I viewed the text, scanning my desk once again afterwards. Once I found it, I picked up the spincast and fiddled with it, helping me forget about my nerves which helped a lot.

Then I texted Grayson back.

Thanks Gray, wish you were here :(

Me too, babe
I'm sorry

Before I could send him another message, the door behind me opened to view the same crew member from before peaking behind the barrier.

"It's time."

With that, I placed both the spincast and my phone back onto the desk before rising from the chair and following close behind them. As I headed closer to backstage, my nerves were being replaced with excitement as the crowd became louder, screaming my name.

Y/n!

Y/n!

Y/n!

As I reached backstage, the area was pitch black, stopping me from seeing where I was going which made me concerned slightly. But then the lights at the top of the building turned on, giving me a clear view of the stage and the fans that were yelling for the concert to begin. Although they couldn't see me, I felt the knot in my stomach tighten at the thought of everyone's eyes on me, expecting me to give them a great performance.

I was placed in my assigned spot with Kate standing close behind me, reassuring me that everything was going to be fine.

"You know what to do when the lights go out again, yes?" She asked me, causing me to nod almost immediately, taking in deep breaths afterwards.

She sent me a small smile before wishing me good luck, disappearing with the rest of the crew who were now setting everything up.

Then the lights went out.

Without even noticing, I picked up my feet and appeared behind the curtain as a short opening video was playing behind me. None of the audience were able to notice that I had placed myself in centre stage, my head glued to the floor and my arms either side of me, one of my hands carrying a microphone.

The open video continued to play. It was a collage of my YouTube videos from the very first one to the most recent, presenting the growth of my channel. There were also voiceovers of tv presenters, interviewers and even celebrities introducing me as well as a few statements being said about my history and progress. A smile appeared on my face once the video was about to come to a close, all of the voices stating my name in sync.

It was time.

Before I knew it, my smile vanished as I noticed a white light shining on me from above, hearing my fans scream in excitement. I paused for a moment to cause tension as well as using the time to take it all in, this was my moment. My head slowly rose as my heart began to race and my palms starting to sweat, yet I didn't back down as I knew that I didn't really have a choice.

It was that moment that I raised the microphone whilst gripping it tight as I was afraid that it would fall out of my hand, stopping once it was in front of my mouth.

Then I began to sing.

This chapter is so short and I am so sorry...