"Have You Not Heard The News?!"

Before I start this, let's talk.

So earlier today I looked at comments that I have been receiving for the past few days...and there are a lot. Thank you guys to those who have been positive and supporting me, I really appreciate the love and admiration for this book.

However, I have made a mistake.

Since I posted about Sean's death, there has been the first spark of drama which I am not used to (so this took me by surprise). I was told by a few people that I was being disrespectful towards the Dolan family. So here are a few points I want to say.

1) I'm sorry that I did offend people, really and truly I am.

2) If you are offended by anything I say, please PLEASE direct message me privately instead of bringing other people in, I don't want any readers to see others attacking each other. The readers have nothing to do with my actions, so I'm asking you not to bring them into it.

3) Don't compare my actions to what happened last week, my comment could be disrespectful but it was NOTHING compared to the event. Now THAT was no joke.

Sorry for all these messages btw, it just seems that when your book becomes popular, it brings in new readers, ones who may see everything differently.

NOW YOU CAN READ THE CHAPTER

It had been a month since I saw Grayson in person, A MONTH. Because of this, we spent our one month anniversary sharing a FaceTime call and continuously repeating about how much we missed each other.

Now, our two month anniversary was coming up since Valentine's Day was just around the corner, and I couldn't even spend it with the one person I wanted to. James said that he was going on a date for the special day and told me that they met on Tinder (which is how a lot of modern love stories begin).

Since Emma, Ethan, Grayson and I shared the same anniversary (convenient), I decided to plan something with Emma because she was just as upset as I was. Nothing too special, just playing Mario Kart while munching on snacks.

The day before Valentine's Day was a struggle to get through since I would constantly remind myself about how the boy I was with was in a different state, miles and miles away. I thought that editing one of my upcoming videos for my channel would remove the thoughts that were trapped in my head, but they never escaped. When I would edit the footage, Grayson would usually be there to comfort me and make the process less boring, helping me create a good video for my fans. The memories were too upsetting to handle, so in the end I watched vines (not ones of the twins though).

A few laughs were heard here and there as I rested my chin on my knees, wrapping my arms around my legs as I stared at the computer screen, not caring about the fact that it was 3AM the next day. God I missed Vine. I didn't have many friends back in Utah, but the few I was very close with loved them, we would always quote them in class and the teachers would get super pissed at us.

I forgot how much I missed my life at home.

My eyes widened as I heard a knock at the door, knowing that I wasn't expecting anyone after noticing the time. Who the hell would be here this early in the morning?

More knocks echoed from the door, louder and faster this time, as if it was urgent. I jumped up from my seat and rushed down the hall, trying to be quiet so that I could see who was outside. After reaching the front door, I looked through the small hole to see a figure...a figure I knew.

After seeing their face, my mouth dropped in shock, immediately twisting the door handle an opening it in one swift motion, making the person step back in surprise.

"Ethan?!" I snapped, viewing the boy who was wearing his normal red sweat shorts and black shirt. "What are you doing-"

"Can I please come inside?" He asked, as if he was begging. "I really need your help right now."

I hesitated, wanting to ask him so many questions, yet opened the door wider so that he could rush past me. My eyes followed him as he brushed his fingers through his hair, it looked like he was panicking.

"What happened?" I questioned him as I closed the door.

"Have you not heard the news?!"

"News?"

With that Ethan began to sprint to my room, causing me to follow him without tripping over objects that I had left lying around the house.

Then it hit me that if Ethan was back in LA, then so was Grayson!

I was so tempted to ask Ethan about him, but I knew that now wasn't a great time.

Once I entered the bedroom, my gaze fell on him, typing away at my computer. I walked over to Ethan as I was trying to catch my breath, stopping once I was standing beside him.

"Watch this." He simply ordered before clicking on the video, still running his hands through his hair. I did as he said and leant closer to the screen, watching what was in front of me.

There were sounds of girls giggling as they hid behind a brick wall, whispering sentences like, "he's there" or "I can't believe that's him". After a while of hiding, one of the girls who was filming moved the camera so that you could see a house nearby, Emma's house.

My heart rate began to increase once my eyes lay on Ethan, who was standing right in front of the door, holding a giant teddy bear and flowers. He knocked with his free hand before waiting to be let in. While this was going on, the girls kept giggling and whispering to each other as they continued to stalk the teenager.

I couldn't help but ball my hands into fists as I attempted to control my anger that began to rise. Like these girls were invading Ethan's privacy and they were about to expose his and Emma's relationship too.

As I expected, Emma opened the door with a huge smile on her face before covering her mouth with her hands, happy to see her boyfriend after such a long time. After yelling a few "oh my god" 's, she brought Ethan into a kiss which was quickly followed by the girls screaming, but not loud enough for the couple to hear.

Before more of the video could play, Ethan paused it and turned to me.

"Millions of fans have seen this, y/n. The secret is out." I felt pure sympathy for him as I noticed how upset he was. "We had a plan, a plan on how we were going to tell the world that we were together. Of course it had to be ruined."

I opened my arms for Ethan, offering him a hug, and without hesitation he took it.

"Does she know?" I asked, gently rubbing my hand up and down his back.

"No, she's still asleep."

"How were you going to tell the fans?"

"Through an Instagram post. We had already taken it when we went to New Jersey, we just didn't know when we were going to post it."

"Well, I guess act like the video hasn't existed."

"B-But everyone has been spamming me with questions, everyone knows already."

"That doesn't mean that you can't do what you want to. Just ignore the attention and talk to Emma about it. Post the photo when YOU want to, not when the fans want you to."

Ethan broke away from the hug so that I could see the smile appearing on his adorable face. "Thanks for the advice, and for the idea for Emma, she loved the bear."

I light chuckle left me as my smile widened, shifting from one foot to another. "No problem, Dolan."