"Jesus Y/n, You Scared Me!"

Third person POV:

"You sure you can't stay?" Ethan asked as he wrapped his arms around Emma's waist, bringing her into a quick hug.

"I really wish I could babe but I need to get back to posting videos. If I don't then my anxiety will definitely kick in." She replied before taking a step back, adjusting the strap on her backpack. "I love you."

"Love you too." He whispered just before they shared a kiss.

Y/n watched the two from the front of the house, admiring how cute the couple were as they shared their last moments together for a while. Since Sean didn't have long left to live, Ethan and Grayson wanted to stay with their family, but sadly Emma couldn't take another week off. In the corner of her eye, y/n noticed a figure standing next to her, wrapping their arm around her small body.

"You know you don't have to stay." Grayson stated, causing her to turn around to face him.

"I know." She simply replied. "But I can easily edit my videos here, plus I want to be here for you and your family."

The corners of Grayson's lips perked upwards into a smile, placing a quick peck on y/n's temple whilst rubbing his hand up and down her arm, warming her up from the cold weather.

Y/n returned her gaze to the couple by the Uber that was parked outside, waiting for Emma with her bags ready. Before she headed towards the car, Emma stopped to share her last goodbyes with Sean, tears streaming down her face.

"You deserve the world." She croaked to her boyfriend's father. "I'm sorry that I couldn't share these last moments with you."

Sean smiled at the girl in front of him, knowing that she really did feel guilty. "Don't be sorry, you've done more than enough to make me happy as well as Ethan. Have a safe trip." Sean said, wrapping his arms around her as if she was his own child.

All Emma could do was smile, smile for one of her many idols that she would never see again in this world. She tried her best to stay strong whilst saying goodbye to everyone else, waving at them just as she got in the vehicle. Once the car door slammed, she immediately broke down in tears, catching the attention of the Uber driver (you mean oover java?). Her hand covered her mouth as her eyes were glued shut, trying her best not to create a scene.

"You alright there, Miss?" He asked the teenager, attempting to make her feel better.

Emma's eyes met his through the car mirror, a fake smile on display. "Yes, I'm fine." She whispered, causing the Uber to start moving. Emma looked behind her to view y/n and the Dolan family standing outside the house, until the car turned a corner, the comforting home disappearing in sight.

Back at the Dolan residence, Ethan watched the car drive away, his smile immediately disappearing once his partner was gone. Sure he wanted her to stay, but she knew that it was the right thing to do for her health. Emma wouldn't be able to stay with him for much longer without having an anxiety attack because of her fans waiting for videos. Although she was gone, he didn't move an inch, his gaze still glued to the end of the road.

Sean, Lisa and Cameron headed back inside the house due to the cold, not wanting to get sick. They passed Grayson and y/n, all three of them sending small smiles before entering the shelter.

"You coming?" Grayson asked y/n, looking down at her.

Y/n turned her head to Ethan (noticing that he still hadn't moved) before focusing back to Grayson. "You go ahead, I'll be inside soon."

With a small kiss planted on the palm of y/n's hand, Grayson opened the door and entered the house, leaving his girlfriend alone on the porch.

A sigh escaped Ethan's lips as his hopeless orbs fell onto the ground, shoving his hands into his coat pockets due to how red they became. He felt hopeless, not because of Emma but because of how he couldn't help his dad defeat the terrible disease that consumed his body. Emma was the only one who helped him feel normal again without reminding himself about the problems his family faced. She was his cure. The thought of her saying "I love you" was like music to his ears, and because it was the first time they said the words to each other it made him feel as if he was on cloud nine. She loved him and he loved her.

"You should come inside." Ethan jumped at the voice, his eyes darting at the small girl standing next to him.

"Jesus y/n, you scared me!" He snapped, absorbing a few deep breaths to calm himself down, his heart beating out of his chest.

"Sorry." She chuckled, following Ethan's gaze that was now on the houses at the other end of the road. "You'll see her again soon, you know."

"I know." He replied immediately before silence fell upon them. Y/n couldn't tell whether it was comfortable or not. "Don't wait for me, you will catch a cold."

Y/n's eyes fell on her best friend, his face expressionless. "Nah I'm a polar bear, I can take it."

Another pause arrived as the two friends stayed quite, listening to the sound of birds chirping and the wind whistling. That was until y/n broke it with a sigh.

"D-did it feel, right?" She stuttered before Ethan's gaze met her's. "When you said the words?"

Y/n was slightly shocked once a small laugh left the boy, shortly followed by a cheeky grin. "Yeah, it really did." Ethan's grin grew the longer he thought about the moment he shared a few minutes ago. "It felt amazing coming from her, shocking but amazing and it was perfect because it made me feel happy. Although it was only for a split second, it was all I needed to make what I'm going through slightly more bearable."

Y/n's heart melted once she heard the words leave the love struck boy's mouth, knowing that Emma and Ethan were definitely made for one another. But she was brought back to the conversation when he asked, "Why are you asking?"

Her eyes widened, swallowing hard, not knowing how to respond. Although y/n and Grayson were happy together, she had doubts, doubts that he didn't feel the same way that she did.

"Um." was all she could squeak, trying her best to collect the right words to say to her boyfriend's twin brother.

"Is this about you and Gray?" Ethan asked, fully turning towards the girl, catching on what she was thinking about.

"I don't know how to explain it, like we're happy together and get along." Y/n stopped talking so that she could take a deep breath. "But sometimes I get a vibe that he doesn't...like me as much as I do."

"W-What?" Ethan stuttered as his eyes widened.

"It's little things like the way he acts around me. I might be overreacting but I can't help but feel so clingy and protective over him. It's all so new to me because I've never felt this way about anyone, ever!" She exclaimed, emphasising how much she cared about Grayson. "But because I feel such strong emotions towards him, I can't help but become paranoid and wonder if he feels the same way."

"Y/n." Ethan said, preventing y/n from continuing her rant. "Grayson adores you." The teenager's heart sank as her eyes widened, taking in the words that Ethan was saying. "Every single day he'll talk about you, whether it's about something you guys did together or something related to you. We were talking about chicken nuggets a few days ago and he blabbered on about how much you loved them!" A giggle left y/n as a deep shade of pink covered her face. "It's not my thing to tell you but because Grayson is such a coward I might as well just tell you how much he cares about you, worries about you. You are so precious to him y/n you have no idea."

Ethan laughed at y/n's state as she tried to cover her bright pink cheeks with her hands, noticing how hot they felt. "Thank you, Ethan." She replied, bringing her friend into a hug.

"Thank you for making my brother happy." Ethan whispered, placing his chin on the top of her head.

Nearby, Grayson was eyeing out the scene from the living room window, wondering why the two friends were having a heart to heart moment. It was when Ethan and Grayson made eye contact that a smile spread across both of their faces, reassuring smiles from the people they loved the most. But Ethan knew that one day it would all change and that for once, Grayson would love someone more than him.

If only y/n knew how much Grayson cared.

A slight change of perspective for you guys and also I POSTED TWO CHAPTERS IN TWO DAYSSSSSS, you're welcome 😊