Epilogue

*years later*

My eyes scanned the food aisle as I pushed the shopping cart in front of me, trying to find the right cereal that I was looking for. It didn't take long for a smile to appear on my face as I grabbed the cardboard box, immediately placing it with the rest of the groceries.

It was a normal Saturday morning (as always) when I would do my weekly food shop, always getting the exact same things. However, this week's shopping trip was slightly different.

"Mom!" I heard a high-pitched voice yell behind me, causing me to turn around to view my son Lucas running towards me. "I found the cake I want." He panted once he was close enough to me, pointing behind him at the bakery section.

"That's great, give mommy two minutes to find everything I need, ok?" I crouched down so that I was face to face with him, smiling brightly at my son.

Lucas nodded in response, a huge grin on display as he clapped his hands together, wrapping his arms around me to embrace me in a short hug.

It was Lucas' party tomorrow to celebrate his fifth birthday and we were collecting the last few things that we needed to prepare for his special day.

"Now go find your sisters so that we can go home." With that, Lucas raced back to the bakery area and left me by myself once again, returning to my shopping. But I froze when a song began to echo through the store, causing me to laugh as I realised that I was standing in the very same spot where I met the coffee addict herself.

"September" by Earth, Wind and Fire was playing as I just stood there, smiling to myself as I remembered how everything started.

After a few moments, I began to move the shopping cart, lightly nodding my head and walking in time with the beat of the music, lip syncing to the words. I forgot how much I loved the song.

My thoughts are with you
Holding hands with your heart to see you
Only blue talk and love
Remember how we knew love was here to stay

I turned around once again when I heard Lucas calling my name, running towards me with a chocolate cake in his hands. My oldest daughter, Hannah followed behind him, her eyes glued to her phone that was laced in between her fingers just like every sixteen year old in the world. I had Hannah at a very young age, during a time when I thought that I could handle a kid, but I had no idea how much work I needed to put in.

"Here it is mom, can I have it?" Lucas asked.

"Of course you can." I responded before taking the cake and placing it in the cart, satisfying the little boy.

Now December found the love that we shared in September
Only blue talk and love
Remember the true love we share today

I looked over at Hannah, who was still on her phone.

"Where's Avery?" I asked, snatching her phone away from her grasp.

Hannah shot me a death glare which quickly disappeared when I rose my eyebrow. "Somewhere over there."

"I thought I told you to take care of her."

"She's with dad."

I paused for a moment to look behind her, not spotting my daughter or my husband, but I decided to let the matter go anyway. Hannah smiled at me once I gave her back the phone, seeming pleased that she was reunited with her device once again.

"No going on that tomorrow, I need you to be present at the party." I stated, placing a hand on her shoulder. Luckily, Hannah decided not to start an argument and instead she agreed before sending me a small smile.

The bell was ringing
Our souls were singing
Do you remember, never a cloudy day

My focus shifted when I heard giggles coming from the end of the aisle, causing me to move my gaze towards my eight year old daughter Avery, who was pulling onto Grayson's hand and dragging him towards us. I laughed at how tired Grayson looked as he tried to keep up with the little girl's pace.

"Mommy, can we go home now?" Lucas asked, tugging at my jeans before rubbing his eyes.

"You tired, sweetie?" I asked, causing him to nod in response.

"I'm too tired to walk mom." He moaned.

I looked over at Hannah, who already had her gaze on me, quickly crouching down to take her younger brother in her arms. "We'll be home soon."

There was a
Ba de ya, say do you remember
Ba de ya, dancing in September
Ba de ya, never was a cloudy day

"Someone's sleepy." Grayson said once him and Avery reached us.

"He's probably just bored, he'll be fine when we get home." I reply, watching Avery scan the cart to see what I got.

"Are we not getting ice cream, mommy?" Avery asked, taking a step away from the shopping kart.

"We've got plenty at home Avery." I simply responded.

With that, Avery walked in front of Grayson and I to join her siblings, Hannah leading the way to pay for the food. I watched as Lucas wrapped his small arms around her neck, nesting his head on her shoulder. With her free hand, Hannah used it to hold Avery's hand, melting my heart as I viewed the image in front of me.

"I can't believe he turns five tomorrow." Grayson muttered, strolling beside me as I pushed the cart in front of us.

"I know Gray, they're growing up so fast." I said, cringing at how much I sounded like a mom. "We're all growing."

Grayson laughed before wrapping his arm around me, kissing my cheek. "You'll always be that girl who joined the sister squad all those years ago, the same girl who I fell in love with."

Ba de ya de ya de ya

I could feel my cheeks warm up slightly after hearing his comment, presenting a wide smile that was followed by a small giggle. My eyes moved back to our children, feeling blessed to be in such a happy and loved family, a family that I dreamed about having since I was a little girl. Who knew that I would have three beautiful kids with the most gorgeous man alive?

"I love you." I whispered to Grayson before taking his hand and kissing it, intertwining our fingers afterwards.

"I love you too, y/n."

Ba de ya de ya de ya de ya

*******************************

THE END