"I Miss Youuuuuuuuu"

Although Grayson and I were in New Jersey and away from all of the drama in LA, fans were beginning to catch on that not only were we a thing, but Ethma was as well. Turns out that strangers took pictures of us either down the sheets or in a park, looking as if we were going on dates. I mean they weren't wrong. My social media was buzzing after a photo was released of Grayson and I messing around in the grocery store, I remembered how lucky I felt that we didn't do anything romantically. Even news articles were invading privacy, addressing rumours that weren't theirs to share, publishing information that they assumed was correct even though the sources were coming from fans, most being photoshopped.

Because of the attention that washed over us from nowhere, the four of us decided to stay in New Jersey for a bit longer so that it could die down. Thankfully Lisa and Sean didn't mind and were happy enough to let us stay.

"Yeah, we're going to stay here until everyone calms down." I stated through the phone, grabbing the orange juice fresh out of the fridge. "Has anyone asked you about it?"

"I'm getting so many DMs and random strangers asking me questions in public." James replied, his voice echoing. "It's quite annoying actually. Like fans were coming to my house and invading my personal space!"

"I'm so sorry, James." I grabbed a glass from the top shelf and placed it onto the kitchen counter, pouring the liquid inside as a frown creeped onto my face.

"It's not your fault, some people just need to learn how to respect others." James replied as I twisted the cap back onto carton, placing it back into the fridge once it was secure.

I laced my fingers around the drink before taking a sip. "So how's the house?"

"Absolutely loving it! We have to have another sister squad sleepover." He squealed, causing me to giggle.

"Sounds like fun, have you decorated it yet?"

"Well I have almost finished the dining room but wasn't sure if-" My attention on James talking was soon snatched away once I heard footsteps coming closer and closer towards me, realising who it was as they wrapped their arms around my waist.

"Hey sister!" Grayson yelled into the phone so that James stopped rambling.

"Grayson omg sister! How are you?"

"I'm amazing but I miss youuuuuuuuu." I laughed as Grayson leant closer to the phone that I held in my hand, my drink in the other. His head was tucked in the crook of my neck, snuggling closer into me.

"Miss you too, can't wait to see you again."

"We'll talk later James." I said as I felt Grayson's lips come in contact with my neck, sharing light kisses.

"Alright, see ya sister."

With that I ended the call before taking another sip from the drink, checking my DMs for the fifteenth time today. I read through them, replying to some and ignoring others due to either being hate or asking about Grayson and I.

"What were you and James talking about?" Grayson muttered against my neck before giving me a quick peck on the cheek.

"About fans figuring us out." I replied, placing my drink onto the counter before turning around to view my boyfriend. "They're even asking James constantly, I don't know if they'll ever let it go." Silence fell upon us as I rested my head against his chest, our arms wrapped around each other in a comforting hug. "How long are we going to keep this a secret?"

A sigh left Grayson, placing his chin on my temple. "I don't know."

"It's so hard."

"I know, y/n. But there are consequences, think about the amount of hate you'll get."

"But I don't care about the hate." I whispered, breaking the hug so that we made eye contact. "I'm sorry if I sound selfish but I don't want us to be something that we have to hide. I want to be able to go out on romantic dates, I want to be able to hold your hand, I want to be able to kiss you without holding back."

"You don't think that I want that too, y/n? I wish I could tell the whole world that you're with me, but I'm sorry, the outcome is too much of a risk to take."

"No." I mumbled, taking a step away from Grayson. "If anything, I should be the one apologising. It's your fans that are the problem, which means that it is your decision on what to do about it." My eyes were glued to the floor, not baring to watch Grayson. I was too scared to see what he was thinking that I walked past him, feeling his eyes on me as I made my way towards the stairs. My feet stopped as I whispered, "I'll be in our room if you need me." disappearing soon after so that I eventually reached the top of the steps.

Although Grayson was pictured in my mind, I couldn't help but huff as I remembered that I had left my fresh glass of orange juice in the kitchen.

I'm actually so fucking depressed rn, like none of my crushes like me and I have never had a bf!! I mean I enjoy writing fanfic but it reminds me how sad my love life is 😔😂

Also sorry for the late update