Chapter One: Abused

Chapter One: Abused

My name is Alison. Alison Summers. My friends call me Ali though. As for my dad, he calls me whatever comes off the top of his head, so usually something along the lines of 'slut', 'whore', or, my favorite, 'no-good-piece-of-shit.' 

Ever since my mom left us, my dad has been abusing me.. I'm actually quite used to it now. 

I stepped off the bus and walked up my driveway. I was finally finished with school. For good. No more. I opened the door and to my surprise, Levi, my dad, wasn't standing there. I took advantage of the situation and sprinted upstairs to my room, locking the door behind me.

I set my iPod to shuffle. I took off my pink shirt and skinny jeans and changed into a pair of Soffe shorts and a tank top. My favorite song came on, 'Love Me For Me' by Cher Lloyd, and I sang along, completely oblivious to the fact that I wasn't home alone. 

"Maybe my dad wasn't going to beat me today, or maybe he didn't hear me come home." I thought to myself.

I was wrong.

"Get out of there now! Come on, open the damn door!" Levi yelled from the hallway.

I was too scared to say 'no' so I did as he said..

The second I unlocked the door, Levi piled through, "Did you think you could just hide from me?! Guess what, you were wrong!" Oh, I was SO wrong.

He slapped me across the face, knocking me to the floor. As I lay there crying, he took the opportunity and kicked me, good and hard, in my side. I let out a shriek. I pulled myself to my feet and stumbled into my room, my body aching. Why did my dad have to be such a jerk? What did I do to deserve this every day? Why did my mom have to leave me here? With him?

I was dizzy and I couldn't see straight. I laid back onto my bed and slowly lifted my shirt to see a bruise already forming. Great. 

I look up from my stomach and face the ceiling. 'Fix You' started to play.

"When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below 
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down your face
And I...

Tears stream down your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face
And I...

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you"

When the tears cleared up, I pulled out my phone to text the only person I could think of. Jade.

To: Jade
He did it again.. Right on my hip.

Jade was the one person I trusted. With every single thing. She had been there through everything. She was so understanding and caring, that's one reason why I loved her so much. My thoughts quickly disappeared as my phone beeped.

From: Jade
omg. Ali. stay away from him. I'll be over soon with some ice and food. Unlock and open your window.

I tossed my phone onto my bed and opened my window. After about 15 minutes, my best friend climbed in through my window. She was holding a bag of ice and a box of pizza. She sat them on the floor and rushed to my side.

Jade placed her hand on my face, touching the bruise left behind. 

"Ali... this has to stop. The day you turn 18 we are moving to a flat in London, got it?" I nodded my head in agreement, luckily my birthday was in a little over a week.

We ate and talked for a while until it was time for Jade to leave. I watched my friend climb down the tree before falling onto my bed once again.

It didn't take long before I fell into a dreamless sleep.

-------------------------------------------------

New fanfic(:
Hope you guys like it! Let me know what you think!
I love you all!

-Chelsea.