Chapter Thirty-Four: The Sad Truth

Alison's POV

I let out a sigh, glancing down at my hands. Just say it. Just tell them the truth.

"Where do I start? What all do you want to know?"

"We want to know everything. What he did, what you did, all up until Louis and Jade showed up." Liam said, a comforting and caring expression on his face.

"Details or no?"

Please say no. Please say no.

"Yes, details. Just be honest please." Zayn smiled uneasily and leaned forward, placing his elbows on his knees.

"Well, when I got home the place was trashed. It was disturbing; he made me clean it all.. It took over two hours and when I didn't finish quick enough, he got.. Angry."

"Did he hit you?" Jade asked bluntly.

I couldn't speak. I just nodded.

"It was really just a cycle. He would leave about once a week to stock up on alcohol, that was the only time I could leave my room without being... attacked.

"I was pretty much locked in there, he even boarded up the window so I couldn't leave. Asshole." I decided to be brave and take a look at their expressions.

Jade was angry and upset. Tears were building up in her eyes.

Louis and Niall looked like they were about to get sick.

Zayn and Liam had looks of sympathy as they listened to me talk.

But Harry. Harry's face was flooded with emotion.

Anger. Sadness. Hurt. But most of all; guilt.

Instead of watching them, I turned back to my hands.

"He always did the same thing though. I always knew what to expect. A couple punches to the stomach, occasionally to the cheek. Maybe a kick or two. It's not as bad as you would think. I'm quite numb to it now." I tried to lighten the mood by making them think it wasn't brutal.

Harry tensed when I said 'I'm quite numb to it now.'

"No. Don't say that. Alison, it is bad. It's disgusting. So don't take something like that lightly." Jade was getting frustrated. A single tear slipped down her face.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"Ali, I need you to tell me the truth.. Have you been eating normally?"

Of all questions, she chose this one. I can't lie to her, but it's not like I can tell her I haven't had a proper meal in a while either.

I peeked at the other boys, they were looking at me expectantly, as if they are dying to hear my answer to that question. Am I that thin?

"I- I, uhh, I couldn't okay! He would beat me everytime I left that room, and eating wasn't important anyways."

She put her head in her hands, and groaned. "You don't understand do you? You think that everyone would be better off if you were dead. You can't see all of these people around you that care about you so much. Why can't you accept that? Why can't you just see how much you mean to me? And seeing you like this isn't as easy on me as you would think." She lifted her head from her hands and the tears poured down.

"I'm sorry Jade, I don't mean to hurt you. But you have to look at things in my perspective. I had no one, I would have rather been dead than sit through two months of that Hell. I see how much you care for me, and believe me, the feeling is mutual. But you don't know what it's like to be in that situation, so please don't get upset with me. You asked me to explain and I did." I threw my hands up in frustration.