Chapter Eighteen: On a Boat

Harry's POV

I was so excited for the date tonight. I had everything planned out perfectly. I just hope she likes it, that would be embarrassing and extremely disappointing if she doesn't..

I slipped on my white converse, grabbed my phone and went out to my car. As I pulled out of the driveway I turned the radio down and put it to something more enjoyable than whatever that was just playing.

The familiar street came into view as I rounded the corner. My hands were shaking, and I could hear my heart beat.. This is weird, I thought, usually I don't get nervous about things like this.. What is this supposed to mean?

I stepped out of my car and found my way to her front door. Harry, stop shaking you idiot!

-knock knock-

She opens the door and instantly I stop breathing. Wow. Alison looked amazing. Her hair straightened, falling even farther down her back. Her light blue sweater fit her perfectly.

Once I regained my ability to inhale and exhale normally, I managed to spit out something. "You look lovely tonight," I smile at her and hold my arm out for her to grab onto, and thankfully she accepts.

Alison's POV

I open the door slowly and find Harry standing on the front step with his hands in his pockets. The second he sees me, he freezes. Is it really that bad? I didn't want to straighten my hair, but Jade said I should... He finally snaps out of it and says something and reaches his elbow out for me. I gladly take it and walk to his car.

I wonder what we're going to do...?

I sit down and just stare straight ahead until I decide I should probably say something.

"Where are you taking me?"

"I cannot tell you that, it's a surprise," He grins cheekily.

"Harry. Come on, please?"

He shakes his head, making his curls fall into his eyes. I giggle at him, but he doesn't move his hair. Instead, he just continues driving half-blind.

I take matters into my own hands and reach towards his face and brush his curls away.

He turns to me and smiles again, showing off his ever-so-noticeable dimples.

We drive the rest of the way in silence. It's not awkward, but comfortable.

---

"Harry.. Why are we at a lake?"

"You'll just have to see. Now follow me. You aren't scared of boats or water or anything are you?"

"Nope." I follow him up to a small row boat. Just big enough for two people.

He climbs in first and offers his hand for support. I grab on and pull myself into the boat. Before I let go, I notice just how huge his hands actually are. Geez.

I sit down and reach for one of the paddles. "No, I am doing it. You just sit there and enjoy the ride." He looks at me 'sternly' but the ends of his lips are curling upwards.

"Fine, fine." I put my hands up in surrender. We take off and I just watch Harry as he's focused on something behind me. I have no idea what it is, but I'm too scared to turn around. Don't wanna rock the boat...

"We're here!" Harry stands up and pulls the boat onto a small beach and helps me out.

"Harry, what is this?"