Chapter 2

Once Allison and I had made it back to the house, I ran upstairs to take a quick shower and changed into one of Grey's shirts and a pair of jogger shorts. I missed him. I wanted to know when he'd be back. It felt like he'd been gone ages. I couldn't even talk to him because he refused to get a cell phone. Something about 'living in the present, not on a screen' yada yada yada. Anyways, the jackass won't get a phone, so I haven't even spoken to him since we left. 

I sauntered downstairs, running my fingers through my wet hair in an effort to hasten the drying. My hair was incessantly thick, and took ages to dry. I don't know if doing this actually helped or not, but it'd become quite a habit. 

"Coffee?" Allison asked as I walked into the kitchen. She was seated at the bar with a mug in front of her, scrolling through her phone. She'd moved into the guest room I had lived in earlier this year to keep me company while Grey was in Dublin. That, and she had to help me complete my transition. I now knew how to fly, but apparently there was more to being an Angel than flying around and looking good. Who knew. 

"I can grab it. Did you make a pot?" I glanced over towards the coffee pot. It was still about halfway full. 

"Ya, but I already had two cups. Feel free to finish it," she replied with a sigh, setting her phone down on the countertop. "How you feeling?"

"Good. Maybe a little sore along my wing scars, but I'm guessing that's normal," I shrugged, pouring myself a mug of coffee. I poured some cream in it and took a sip. 

"Yeah. I was pretty sore after my first flight. It gets better. Just have to keep flying," she smiled and flicked her platinum hair over her shoulder. "So you wanna catch me up on your relationship with Grey? Apparently I was more in the dark than I thought," she chuckled, but I knew she was a little hurt that I didn't tell her everything. I know that she knows now why I couldn't, but I'm sure it still stung. 

"If I do, you have to tell me what he was like while I was out of it," I leaned back against the countertop, holding my mug close to my chest to keep me warm. It had begun raining again outside, and it wasn't the good rain. Late winter rain in Washington was absolutely freezing. The second it hit the ground- boom, ice. It's just rude if you ask me. 

"Deal. Spill," she leaned her elbows on the counter and eyed me in interest. 

"Fine. I don't even really know where to start. I guess I'd better start with how I met Grey. I went to a party with Makenna, and I wanted to go home, but she was having a lot of fun, so I let her stay," I began. 

"Dumbass. You walked home alone, didn't you?" Allison interjected, rolling her eyes. I pulled my lips into a thin line and nodded. "You should've just texted me or called an Uber or something. We could've walked home together, worst case scenario."

"My phone ran out of battery, otherwise I would've," I shrugged. Allison narrowed her eyes at me and sighed in irritation. 

"Ugh. Fine. Continue." 

"Anyways, some weirdos from the party followed me and chased me to the library. Long story short, I was able to hold them off for a while, but one of them had my arms pinned, so that didn't last too long. That's when Grey showed up," I explained. 

"You're kidding. He tried to pull the cliche knight in shining armor crap didn't he?" Allison scowled and I nodded with a giggle. 

"Yeah, apparently it was all part of the plan to convince my soul to Pledge to Hell. I'll get to that in a bit. But he basically just intimidated the shit out of those guys and made them let go of me, so they did. Then he beat them up and took me home," I shrugged. "Next day he showed up in my Chemistry class and made Makenna invite him to pasta dinner at the house. I was pissed off at him all night because he treated Makenna like trash and was bugging me instead. I don't know, we used to not get along, like, at all. He irritated me. Still kinda does."