Chapter 26

"Siobhan- I swear Grey- she was right here," I breathed, in shock. How did she disappear like that? And what the hell was she? I knew by the way my soul burned underneath my skin that she wasn't a Fallen. Was she a Demon then?

Grey rolled his eyes. "I think you're hallucinating," he hummed, taking my hand firmly and pulling me with him down the street.

"No, I'm not. I know what I saw. She had black eyes. And pointy teeth. Is that what a Demon looks like in their natural form?" I questioned, getting more and more worked up by the minute.

"Well, yes, but she's not a Demon. She's a Fallen. I would know if she were a Demon," Grey replies stiffly, not even glancing back at me over his shoulder.

"How would I know a Demon's natural form if I hadn't just seen her? The only other time I've ever come across Demons they've looked like humans," I explained, hoping he'd appeal to logic.

"I don't know Greene. Can you just let it go? I'll take you back to the room so you can get some rest. You're probably just exhausted and seeing things," Grey huffed.

"I had her. I had her pinned against the rock. The rock cracked when I shoved her against it. That wouldn't just happen if I were hallucinating, Grey. And I'm not even that tired," I retorted.

He stopped and turned around to face me, his facial features darkening slightly. "She's not following you. She doesn't care enough. She certainly wouldn't confront you. Siobhan is many things, but stupid is not one of them. She'd have to be in order to challenge you like that," Grey scowled.

"Well then she's a first rate idiot because that dumb bitch confronted me and proceeded to push my buttons. I don't think you know her as well as you think you do. People change. Especially after dying and 300 years," I folded my arms, snorting as if this conversation were absurd.

Why he couldn't bring himself to believe me, I had no idea. Maybe he still had feelings for her? I couldn't think of any other possible reason for him choosing to defend her instead of seeing rationality. I was also quite offended that he repeatedly chose not to believe me today. What reason would I have to lie? He was already my boyfriend. And if he told her he had no more feelings for Siobhan, I believed him. Or, at least, I had believed him until now.

"Why would she follow us then? Hm? Why would she confront you?" Grey narrowed his eyes at me a little.

"Oh well, I dunno, it's not like I'm dating the love of her life or anything," I replied sarcastically. Dumbass. She had plenty of reasons to hate me.

"I told you, we broke it off before she died," Grey rolled his eyes, running his hands through his hair in frustration.

"Really? Then why the fuck did she kiss you? Doesn't seem like she got the memo," I retorted.

"She was drunk. I don't know. There's nothing going on between us. God, Greene. If I had known you'd be this-"

"This what, Grey? Finish that sentence," I growled out through gritted teeth.

He took a deep breath. "Overprotective. If I had known you'd be this overprotective, I never would've even called out her name when I saw her. I don't want to fight with you. There's nothing going on," he explained coolly.

"I swear to God I saw her. She had a full on conversation with me," I frowned.

"Okay. If you say she did, then she did," Grey replied softly.

Ugh. This was so frustrating. He obviously didn't believe me and wouldn't even explain to me why. His reasoning was far from sound, and for a normally logical person, this didn't make any sense. One of my favorite things about Grey was how intelligent he is. But right now he was being a dumbass.