Chapter 11

Three Angels walked into Grey's house, eyeing me as they entered. Zerachiel was the first, the second was a girl with pale skin and pitch black hair cut in a modern bob, and the third was a man with ebony skin and golden eyes. 

"Jordan, this is Haniel, Angel of Joy," Zerachiel motioned to the girl, who outstretched her hand. For being the Angel of Joy, she sure didn't seem joyful. Her dark eyes narrowed at me slightly, the corners of her lips just barely twitching upwards in a polite smile. "And this is Jophiel, Angel of Wisdom," he motioned to the other man, who gave me a sincere smile and shook my hand. 

"Pleasure," Jophiel smiled and nodded. I felt Grey tense next to me, and his heart rate picked up a little in irritation. Oh for God's sake, Grey- he shook my hand. Calm the fuck down. 

"Now that introductions are out of the way, let's begin. I can feel the strength of her soul from here, so I believe that she would be a valuable asset to the Heavens should she survive the Unlocking. Therefore, I consent to the Unlocking of her soul. Jophiel, Haniel- thoughts?" Zerachiel's eyes swooped over me and then flicked to his Angelic counterparts. 

"I agree, Zerachiel. She has a powerful soul. Tell me, Ms. Greene, do you believe your body is capable of withstanding it's full strength?" Jophiel cocked his head to the side slightly, his golden eyes dilating a little. 

"I believe so, yes. I was an Awakened prior to this, and Grey trained me to fight Demons as an Awakened. Since my transition, I've been training for our flight to Paris. I believe my body is as strong as it will ever be," I explained. 

"You speak with conviction for so young a person. I admire that. I consent to the Unlocking," Jophiel nodded at me with a friendly smile, bowing his head slightly. "Haniel?"

The girl eyed me, raising an eyebrow ever so slightly. "Are you sure this is what you want, dear?" She asked, her voice surprisingly soft and feminine for having such a stone cold exterior. I sucked in a breath. This might not be what I wanted, per say, but it was what I had to do. It was what I wanted to do, given the circumstances. 

"Yes," I replied firmly. She pressed her lips together and nodded. 

"I give my consent to the Unlocking," Haniel replied, turning to Zerachiel. Zerachiel nodded and turned back to face me. 

"Very well. Then we must go outside. Unless you want to break everything in a 15 foot diameter when your wings release," he smirked slightly and I shook my head. He nodded and lead the other Angels outside and out towards the peninsula. 

God damn it, why is it always the peninsula? 

I swear if they tell me to jump, screw this, I'm leaving. 

Grey took my hand firmly in his as we followed the Angels to the tip of the peninsula, where they stood in a triangular formation and turned to me. 

"I love you," Grey whispered lowly under his breath, leaning forward and placing his lips on my forehead. 

"I love you too," I whispered back as I pulled away from him. As I turned back to face the Angels, I made eye contact with Siena and Allison. Siena nodded firmly in reassurance and Allison smiled, giving me a cheesy ass two thumbs up. Classic Allison. 

"Are you ready, my child?" Zerachiel asked as I approached. I nodded with a heavy sigh. "Take a knee." 

I did as I was told and knelt down on the wet grass. I could feel it soaking through my leggings, chilling me to the bone. It was already freezing outside, and now I was wet. Awesome. 

The three Angels locked hands around me, forming a triangle above me with their bodies positioned at each corner. They each tilted their chins up to the sky, their eyes rolling back in their heads.