Chapter 23

My eyes slowly fluttered open to the sensation of fingertips trailing down my spine. The cool sheets were wrapped around my naked body and I shivered, opening my eyes fully now and pulling the covers in closer.

Grey laid next to me, his eyes glued to my back as he trailed his fingertips across my bare skin. "So beautiful," he hummed softly, his cerulean eyes flicking up to meet mine.

"How are you always awake before me?" I murmured, snuggling up against his bare chest. He was warm.

"I don't sleep all that well, remember? God replays our previous mistakes in our minds over and over again when we sleep," he explained gently, kissing my shoulder.

"What's so bad you can't sleep?" I frowned and he clenched his jaw, shaking his head slightly.

"No. I'm not sharing. I don't want you to look at me the way I know you will if you knew," he replied coolly.

"Nothing could change the way I look at you. You know that," I whispered back and he let out a deep breath, pressing his lips back onto my shoulder, his hand pressing against the small of my back to pull me closer.

"Another time," he murmured against my skin, gently nipping at it with his teeth. I sighed and splayed my fingers across his chest, trailing my fingertips across his collarbone.

"What's the plan for today?" I smiled as Grey moved my hair over my shoulder so he could kiss my neck. He pulled himself on top of me, gently biting at the sensitive skin around my collarbone.

"Must we have a plan?" He groaned, his arm wrapping around my waist to pull my hips against his.

"You heard what Siena said yesterday. I don't wanna get yelled at again," I breathed out as his hand gripped my leg, pulling it up around his waist. I lifted the other leg and wrapped it around him.

"Siena is just jealous because we're getting laid and she's not," Grey grumbled out, rolling his hips against mine. I let out a shaky breath and gripped his back tightly.

"Ugh. I hate you," I moaned and Grey chuckled against my skin.

"That's about to change real quick, love," he growled out.

***

"You're late. Again," Siena tapped her foot impatiently as we approached. Grey's lips curled upwards in a satisfied smirk and I rolled my eyes. Cocky asshole.

"But we're here. Where's Suriel?" Grey raised an eyebrow, glancing around the courtyard. "Not that I'm complaining if he decided to skip out," he added. Siena rolled her eyes and folded her arms, nodding over towards the crypt entrance.

"Crypt is supposed to be open today, so he's Suggesting to anyone that comes by that it's closed," Siena explained.

"Ah. Well then. Shall we?" Grey motioned towards the entrance to the crypt and Siena shot him a nasty glare. He chuckled and followed her, with Allison and I following shortly afterwards.

Suriel was positioned at the iron gates, sweet talking some little old ladies who wanted to get in. He winked at me and his gaze flicked back to Allison, lingering a little. Those two were totally going to hook up. I'm calling it now.

He held open the iron gates for us, explaining to the little old ladies that there were some instabilities in the structure of the crypt because of all the recent rainfall. They seemed to buy it, thanking him for his service, and then slowly hobbled back up the stairs.

We then began the tedious process of combing the ruins again, onto a new section this time. Anything that looked like anything was stared at for much too long, before ultimately being decided that it wasn't what we were looking for.