Chapter 46

"No you don't," Grey grumbled, rolling his eyes dismissively and crossing his arms over his chest.

"Why would I be here if I didn't?" I retorted, the words tasting like acid on my tongue.

Part of me couldn't believe what I was saying- that I was letting all of my feelings that I hadn't even come to terms with yet pour out of me so easily. The other part of me was relieved to get it off my chest. I guess I hadn't really realized it until I'd said it. I was still in love with Grey. I would always be in love with Grey. Regardless of the atrocities he committed, my heart would always belong to him.

"I don't fucking know. Revenge. I mean, I did just kill your little boyfriend," Grey shrugged, eyeing me as if waiting for me to explode.

"First of all, fuck you. Second of all, why did you do it? Why did you kill him?" My voice cracked a little at the last part.

"I don't like people touching what's mine," he replied nonchalantly, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"You don't kill someone over that! And I'm not yours! I can't fucking move on from you and learn how to not love you when you won't leave me alone," I retorted.

Even as I said that, I knew it was a lie. I was his. I would always be his. And I didn't want to move on from him or learn how to not love him. I wanted to love him for the rest of eternity.

"I don't want you to move on from me," he replied quietly, his eyes lifting slightly to meet mine.

"Then why do you keep hurting me like this? Why did you cheat on me? Why did you kill my friend? Why do you keep breaking my heart?" I croaked, tears streaming furiously down my cheeks as I took a step towards him.

He clenched his jaw tightly, obviously struggling internally with something. He was hiding something from me. I could see it in the way his gaze was clouded over, the way his heart beat a little faster than normal.

"Don't do that," he growled lowly through gritted teeth, as if trying to keep himself from talking.

"Please, Grey. You're killing me," my voice shook.

He sucked in a deep breath, his cerulean eyes meeting mine. He let out a sigh, as if resolving to defeat. I watched his shoulders slump a little as he took a step towards me, eyes glued to mine.

"I can't tell you," he breathed softly, his gaze pained as he looked down at me.

"Why?" I pleaded.

"I can't tell you until Michael says I can," he said softly.

"Since when do you listen to Michael?" I snapped back.

"Since it involves you," he replied gently.

I could see the agony swirling around his stormy eyes like a hurricane, threatening to burst through his walls and tear everything apart. He wanted to tell me. But he couldn't. The Grey I once knew would never have let anyone tell him what to do, let alone ask their permission for something. Yet, here he was, allowing Michael that very privilege. Either Grey was protecting me from something, or Michael had some serious blackmail on either one of us that Grey didn't want out.

"Please," I begged, my voice cracking as I reached up, placing my hands on his chest and balling them around his shirt.

"Don't. Please don't do that. I can't," he replied.

His arms encircled me, holding me flush against him. I heard his heart rate slow a little, and felt mine match his steady beat.

This.