Chapter 35

"You guys ready?" Allison pulled her ponytail tighter as she practically skipped into the living room. 

We were going on a run this morning to try to burn off some of the emotional steam I had going on from last night. My soul had gone quiet, much to my despair. I had sort of hoped that maybe my soul was strong enough to withstand the hardened Hellfire bondage, but I was wrong. I was sort of naive to think anything different, I mean- the Hellfire chains had held Grey, and I didn't think I was more powerful than him. Maybe more reckless, but I doubted my soul could seriously overpower an Angel as old and high as he once was. 

Speaking of- seeing him last night royally pissed me off. I had known I would see him, but that didn't make it any easier. Especially because the douchebag decided to stand up for me and my autonomy. Like honestly, couldn't he just be evil and make this easier for the both of us? Him looking out for me and telling me I look beautiful just made me want to snap his neck. He had cheated on me and completely broken my heart. I just wanted to move on with my life and he was making it nearly impossible. 

"Yep. How far are you wanting to go?" Siena stood up from the lounge chair she had been sprawled across a moment prior. 

"Mmmm like 10?" Allison raised an eyebrow and Siena nodded in agreement. 

"Do you have a route in mind?" I stood up as well, zipping up the black top part to the armored bodysuit Michael had provided earlier. 

Thanks to Allison and Siena, I now had more clothes and didn't have to wear a variation involving this bodysuit every time I left the house. However, since we were going on a run and it was freezing outside, we all opted to wear these. We didn't want to be caught off guard by Lucifer while we were away from Grey and Suriel, and these kept us warmer than normal running clothes. It was still relatively early in the morning, so hopefully there wouldn't be too many people out, giving us weird glares because we looked like we were part of some military mission. 

"I'm thinking a loop with the Eiffel tower and Champs Elysees, circle back to Notre Dame and call it good," Allison shrugged and I glanced to Siena, who nodded. 

"Alright. Let's get this over with," Siena ushered us out of the apartment and down the set of stairs to the courtyard. 

Once we exited the courtyard and closed the gigantic doors behind us, we began to run. Siena set the pace at a steady 12 miles per hour so we seemed somewhat human. Although we could all run faster thanks to our Angelic bodies and souls, we didn't need any unwanted attention. This run wasn't to push ourselves, just keep our endurance high in the event of an attack. 

After a few miles, Siena broke the silence. "How are you doing after last night?"

"Fine. Annoyed more than anything. And sort of like I have an itch I can't scratch because I can't feel my soul like I normally can," I explained. 

"Why annoyed?" She hummed, our footsteps echoing off the walls as we turned down a tight alleyway. 

"Grey. I just want him to leave me alone and let me hate him so I can move on with my life, but he's always so- I don't know- overprotective, I guess," I replied with a hefty sigh. 

"He's still in love with you. Probably always will be," Allison rolled her eyes in dismissal. 

"That's what I don't get about this whole thing. Grey has never been overprotective of anyone or anything, and that was part of why I thought he truly did love you. It just doesn't make sense why he would throw it all away for Siobhan of all people," Siena mumbled. 

"Well, he was overprotective of Jo before he fell in love with her. So I don't know that it's about love," Allison glanced over to Siena as we turned left out of the tight alley.