Chapter 27

"What do you mean Siobhan is back?" Siena rumbled, throwing a left hook at my face. I easily blocked it and countered with a roundhouse kick, which she also blocked. 

"I mean she's alive. A Fallen. Or at least that's what she says she is," I rolled my eyes, blocking Siena's kicks to my side. 

"Does she have wings?" Siena scowled, ducking under another one of my roundhouses aimed at her head. 

"No. She said they were ripped out," I replied coolly, throwing a set of punches. None went through. She was too good. 

"That's likely," she scoffed with a roll of her eyes. 

"What do you mean?" I asked, blocking her retaliation to my right hook and jab. 

"When Siobhan was human, she was manipulative and a compulsive liar. I doubt that's changed. She had pretty much all of Ireland wrapped around her bony little finger," she explained, backing off and bouncing back and forth on the balls of her feet. 

"Did Grey see through it?" I asked, wiping the thin sheen of sweat that had collected on my forehead. 

"Most of it. But he always had a soft spot for her. I think he felt guilty using her for sex and refused to believe she kinda always deserved to get her heart broken," she shrugged, resting her arms at her sides. 

"I swear to God, I think she's following us around. And I could've sworn I saw her eyes turn black the other day," I folded my arms across my chest and rested my weight on my back foot. Siena's eyes narrowed slightly and she took a slight step towards me. 

"Black? You're sure?" She asked. I nodded fiercely. 

"In that case, she could be a Demon. That could explain why she doesn't have wings. And why she suddenly appeared in Paris of all places," Siena let out a huff. "Whatever she is, don't trust her. And don't trust Grey with her. I wouldn't be surprised if she sent you his head in a box as retaliation for stealing her man." 

"Really? You think she would do that?" I frowned, my heart skipping a beat. 

"I wouldn't put it past her, that's for sure," Siena pursed her lips, turning around as steps resounded down the concrete stairs and into the training room. 

Siena and I had met early this morning for a run and to spar a bit in the training room below Grey's apartment building. Apparently he had this built in conjunction with the building, but only he knew about it. None of the tenants knew. He had met up with Suriel and the Archangels, who had flown in to discuss what the tablet said. I was anxious enough as it was, so I decided to work off my nerves instead of argue with a bunch of stuck up old Angels about my future. 

"Hey guys, how's the fighting?" Allison asked cheerfully as she descended down the steps. Somehow, her hair was curled to perfection- as always- even though it was humid enough to practically shower outside. 

"Good. How's... shopping?" I eyed the tote bags with designer labels she had in both of her hands. 

"Awesome. All I had to do was ask and they gave me a bunch of stuff. Didn't even have to pay!" She set the bags down at the base of the stairs, flicking her hair over her shoulder with a huff. I gave Siena a little glance. 

"So you used angelic Suggestion to get free stuff," Siena raised an eyebrow slowly. 

"Yeah, and?" Allison shrugged absentmindedly. 

"That's uh, stealing, Al," I frowned. 

"No it's not. I just asked for it and they gave it to me. I even tried to give some of it back and they wouldn't take it! Not my fault they wanted me to have it," she replied, crossing her arms.