Chapter 3

Allison rolled her eyes and resumed scrolling through her phone. "Couldn't you have stayed away longer?" She mumbled. Grey's eyes didn't waver from mine as he ran a hand through his dripping hair, sauntering through the living room and to the kitchen where we were. 

"I could've," he smirked slightly, walking around the countertop to stand next to me. I turned to look up at him and he wrapped an arm around my waist. 

"Why didn't you?" I asked softly, my eyes flicking back and forth between his. They were as beautiful as I remembered them, albeit glacially cold and unrevealing. The corner of his lips twitched upwards in a mischievous grin. 

"Wouldn't you like to know?" He hummed lowly, running his tongue across his bottom lip. 

"Are y'all done eye fucking each other yet? Because I'm still here," Allison interjected annoyedly. 

"Then leave," Grey rolled his eyes to glare at her. 

"You're going to let him talk to me like that?" I felt Allison's gaze drift to me expectantly. 

"Don't talk to her like that," I hummed softly, gripping the belt loops of Grey's jeans. He raised an eyebrow slightly in amusement, a lock of his hair falling across his forehead. 

"Oh my God. You're hopeless. I hate both of you," Allison grumbled, sliding off her barstool and marching upstairs, making sure to stomp every so often so we knew she was pissed off. But I didn't really care. I loved Allison. But I knew that this was only bugging her because she missed Jack. If she were with Jack, I knew she'd be more understanding. After all, I hadn't seen Grey since he'd left right after I'd woke up. Once he'd made sure I was going to be okay under Allison's care, he'd explained that he had to go and would be back as soon as he could. 

"You sure took your time coming back," I raised an eyebrow up at him and he clenched his jaw slightly. 

"I'd forgotten how argumentative Archangels can be," he replied with a roll of his eyes. 

"And? What did they say? Where are we supposed to go once I've transitioned?" I asked. 

"Bryn Athyn Cathedral. It's in Pennsylvania. We're supposed to stay there until we can get a flight to Europe. Apparently we might be able to find something at Notre Dame in Paris. It was built on the ruins of a church back from before Christ. The Archangels think we might find something there worth investigating," Grey explained. 

"Is there anything else that they said?" I asked, referring more so to the fact that he and I were obviously breaking Heaven's rules by being together. He let out a sigh and nodded, clenching his jaw slightly. 

"They're having another Angel meet us at Bryn Athyn when we get there. Something about 'needing all the protection we can get'. They tried to make it two, but I convinced them otherwise," he grumbled annoyedly. 

Okay, not what I was referring to, but I'm almost glad he didn't catch on to my insinuation. It might mean they didn't see our relationship as the primary issue for the time being. 

"How did you convince them otherwise?" I raised an eyebrow. Did I even want to know?

"Yeah, about that. I have a friend who's a Fallen and she's agreed to help us. She'll be here in a few days to help Allison with your training," Grey eyed me cautiously. 

Wait 

She?

"She?" I couldn't stop myself from sounding surprised, and a little irritated. 

"Before you get all riled up, she's like my sister. We've been friends for ages. She was one of the first Fallen that I'd met after I fell. She was a Lady in the Italian Monarchy in the 1700s. You'll like her," Grey explained, rubbing his thumb in concentric circles on the small of my back.