Chapter 37

Flickering flames bathed the surface of the wooden roof at my feet as I stood up off my knees. My wrists now bare, my soul scratching at the underside of my skin to be released- I looked up at Siobhan, my burning green eyes meeting her obsidian ones. And I smirked.

She took a staggering step back.

That's right. You'd better run. My soul was about to have a party using your shredded bodies as confetti.

"Not so tough now, huh?" My voice was not my own.

It was sharper, slightly deeper, and much louder. I took another step towards Siobhan, extending my fully healed wings out to either side of me. I knew my soul was pushing through my skin right now. I knew I was glowing. And frankly, I didn't care. None of these creatures were going to make it back to Hell alive anyways.

"How did you do that? You- you can't break Hellfire, only Lucifer-," Siobhan began, holding her sword out in front of her as if it could stop me.

"Only Lucifer my ass. I think it's time I showed you just who you're dealing with. I believe I was holding back before. But Grey's not here. And Siobhan?" I cocked my head slightly to the side and she narrowed her eyes at me. "You're going to regret the day you ever looked at my boyfriend."

And with that, I let my soul out.

I was able to somewhat direct it up and out, trying to minimize the damage to Notre Dame below my feet, but honestly, it was the least of my worries. I felt my soul like wildfire reach out and incinerate anything it felt with a pulse. They simply disintegrated in my grasp. But Siobhan- oh Siobhan- I let her burn. I wouldn't give her the sweet release of oblivion. Not yet.

My eyelids flicked open, everything within a 20 foot vicinity of me glowing in blue fire. Siobhan was plastered against the roof, her chest pushed out towards the sky like something out of an exorcism movie. I slowly walked over to her, reaching down and gripping the fabric of her shirt. I lifted her up until her feet dangled half a foot off the roof.

"Ki-kill me. Please," she begged, her once entirely black eyes now entirely white.

"Why? Why don't I let you suffer like you've made me suffer?" I clenched my jaw, gripping her shirt tighter between my fingers.

My soul was now satisfied with its release, but still prowled underneath my skin. It crawled just under the surface, ready to attack. It hated Siobhan. It wanted to unleash all its fury on her. And I might just let it.

"You're good. You're an Angel. You're not like me," Siobhan wheezed.

"You know nothing about me, Demon. Do not tell me what I am, what I'm not," the voice that escaped my lips was yet again not my own, but echoed from deep within my soul.

"Jordan," I heard a voice whisper from behind me and I spun my head around, still keeping Siobhan suspended in one arm.

Grey.

He was here.

He held his arms out in front of him like he were approaching a wild animal, his eyes glowing a fluorescent silvery blue. His dark wings were extended out to either side of him, silvery blood and dust covering his black battle suit.

I clenched my jaw and turned back around to Siobhan. "Enjoy oblivion, bitch," I growled out through gritted teeth, my hand shooting into her chest and gripping her heart.

She sucked in a breath, her head flinging back as I squeezed it and ripped it from her chest. I watched as her body crumbled to dust in my grip.

She was gone. Siobhan was dead. She was finally dead.