Chapter 6

"You look good," I hummed with a slow smirk as I approached Grey. His eyes were flickering back and forth between his normal cerulean and a fluorescent blue. I watched him clench his jaw as his eyes ran up my body. 

"I thought I told Allison 'modest'," he grumbled lowly and I rolled my eyes. Nothing Allison ever did was modest. 

"And you honestly expected her to listen?" I raised an eyebrow slightly. Grey rolled his eyes, huffing and outstretching his hand to take mine. "What's up with all these people?" I asked, turning to eye the crowd behind us. 

"Apparently someone forgot to tell them that the restaurant has been booked out tonight," he replied, his voice still on the edge of baritone and dark. I turned to him, eyes wide. 

"Booked out? Grey-" I began, furrowing my brows in frustration. I didn't want him to spend money on me, let alone the insane amount I'm sure it took to book this place out. The Space Needle was expensive as it was. 

"Relax, love. Even if I didn't personally know the owner, I can afford to do this whenever I like. It's not a big deal," he insisted. It seemed rehearsed, as if he knew I'd protest. 

"To me it is. I could've never have done any of this," I replied, taking in a deep breath. "So who's going to tell them?" I asked, eyeing the crowd. Grey nudged one of the two men beside him, whispering something in his ear before turning back to me. 

"Sorry folks, restaurant's closed tonight. We'll reopen again tomorrow," the man hollered to the crowd. There were a bunch of frustrated sighs as people left, giving Grey and I icy glares as they went. I glanced up at Grey, who was giving equally icy glares at those who dared to look at him. 

"Shall we?" He smirked down at me, taking my hand firmly in his. I pulled my lips into a tight smile and nodded, following him as he lead me to the front doors. He gripped the door, swinging it open and holding it for me. We walked over to the elevator and got inside, watching the cloudy world pass us by as we ascended into the night sky. 

"Where have you been all day?" I asked, glancing at him out of the corner of my eye. He adjusted his jacket slightly, the muscles in his jaw tightening. 

"Here and there," he replied coolly. Okay, really? I thought we were past all the secretive shit. What could he possibly have to hide from me?

"Really? That's your answer?" I raised an eyebrow at him, folding my arms sternly across my chest. His eyes drifted down to my waist, then slowly rose back up to meet my eyes. 

"I don't want you involved," he mumbled, the elevator doors sliding open. The restaurant was just as I had imagined it. Dark wooden floors met with the seamless glass windows, giving 360 degree views of the city below. We could only see the yellow lit tops of the skyscrapers, as the bottom halves were cut off beneath dark clouds. It was stunning. We were truly alone up here. 

"Not your choice to make," I retorted with a roll of my eyes. Grey let out a low growl from behind me as we exited the elevator. I glanced back at him over my shoulder. 

"Can we not do this tonight? Any other night. Please," he mumbled lowly, his pupils dilating slightly. The last time I saw his eyes do that, I hadn't had feelings for him like I do now, but I still felt the same knot in the pit of my stomach. It was a warning. And that pissed me off. 

"Fine," I clenched my jaw in irritation, starting to walk away from him, but he gripped my arm and turned me back to face him. "What, Grey?" I asked, my tone dripping in attitude. He narrowed his eyes slightly, before sucking in a deep breath. 

"You look beautiful," he said softly. 

Oh, you know what, that's just- that's just- fuck him. That was a good ass move, but I'm still mad.