2

"hey mom." josh said, walking though his front door and seeing his mom, laura, starting dinner in the kitchen, his dad bill in his recliner in the living room with a sleeping jordan on his chest and Abigail sitting at the table doing homework. Ashley was in her room.

"hey Joshua. how was school?" she asked.

"it was fine. I got asked to be a tutor today." Josh said, grabbing a bag of chips from the pantry.

"really? by who?" she smiled.

"my bio teacher, mrs tucker. she wants me to tutor this boy named Tyler Joseph. hes in my grade. she said I was one of the tops in the class." josh said, blushing at his name.

"that's amazing sweetie, I'm proud of you! when are you gonna start, and what's this boy like?"

"Monday after school at his house and hes on the basketball team. i dont know his number but hes really good." Josh said.

"is that Kelly Joseph's son?" Laura asked.

"uh maybe. I dont know."

"I know Kelly. we went to school together." Laura said.

"oh cool. I'll figure it out. can I stay at brendons tonight with ryan?" Josh asked.

"yeah of course. tell them I said hi." she said

"alright." he said, heading upstairs to grab clothes. he packed a bag, heading out his door.

"hey josh?" he heard, turning and seeing Ashley at her door.

"what's up?" Josh asked, heading to her room.

"I have a question and you cant tell mom. promise." she said, Josh quirking an eyebrow.

"okay. what?"

"uh I know you have one. I was wondering if you could get me a juul. I have money." she asked.

"uh yeah sure. I'm not gonna get you stuff with nicotine. I dont get those either." he said.

"okay thank you. here." she said, turning around and walking to her wallet where she pulled out some money and gave it to him.

"ash, you better be responsible with this. I'm trusting you." he said.

"I know." she nodded.

"alright. I'll order it tonight." he said. "I'm heading over to brendons." he said.

"alright, have fun." she said, shutting her door.

Josh laughed to himself at the thought of Ashley wanting a juul.

"bye mom." he said, heading outside to his car. he texted Ryan that he was on his way, turning his phone off and driving over there. he stopped at sonic, buying all three of them a drink. he has their orders memorized; brendon with a peach mango sweet tea and Ryan with a vanilla peach Sprite. he got himself a raspberry sweet tea before heading over there.

he arrived, getting out and walking inside.

"hey Josh! how ya doing?" brendons mom asked, hugging him. she loved Josh.

"hey I'm doing good." he smiled.

"okay. brens up in his room with Ryan." she said, josh saying thank you before heading up there. he opened the door, Ryan pulling away from brendon where they were making out.

"hey josh! just set your bag down by mine." Ryan said, josh smiling.

"oh my God brendon." josh laughed, looking at brendons boxers he was in. brendon was just in his boxer briefs and Ryan was wearing what he wore to school still.