64

max and josh decided they were going to work things out, on tuesday. today was thursday. max had told laura everything, from why he and tyler ended their friendship, to what was going on at home. and more things, that josh didn't know about.

they both agreed not to tell anyone about their relationship, because they knew it would be so much drama between the friend group. it hurt josh, when tyler would flirt, or touch him or something.

max was on his way over after school. he came over wednesday but it was kind of late because josh had tutoring with tyler. he stayed until about 9, so a few hours. it consist of lots of kissing and talking and cuddling between the two boys. lots of awkward kisses.

josh looked up and saw his door open, max walking in with a bag in his hand.

"what's that?" josh smiled.

"it's food!" max said, josh giggling. "i brought us popeyes."

"now i have to eat ryan's dog." josh said, max laughing.

"i just got us each a box with chicken mashed potatoes and gravy and mac and cheese."

"that's perfect. thank you." josh said, grabbing the box. max also handed him a bottled sprite.

"you're welcome baby." max said. he sat on the bed also, josh turning his tv on. they ate and talked while watching netflix. max finished first, putting his box back in the back. josh finished shortly after, and did the same.

"that was so good." josh sighed, leaning back against his pillows. max leaned next to him. josh lifted his leg up, and set it across maxs.

"it really was. i think i made a good choice." he said, turning and looking at him. josh bit his lip to hold his smile, before he leaned up and kissed him.

"thanks." max said.

"my pleasure." josh replied. max chuckled. "how was your day?" josh asked him.

"it was okay. glad to be home. school is just mentally draining, but i'd rather go there than stay at home." he said. "how was yours?"

"too long. getting through the classes one class at a time it's just so ugh ya know." he complained. max smiled.

"yeah yeah i know. it sucks. this is our last year though." max said.

"yeah until college." josh sighed.

"yeah. that's gonna be fun." he chuckled. max was going to be a trauma doctor. josh hadn't really picked his major yet. he was thinking about maybe like a counselor or something, but he didn't know yet.

"i think brendon's major is my favorite." josh said.

"what's his?" max asked.

"he said he either wants to do horticulture or be a lawyer, horticulture because it's plants and it's brendon and brendon likes weed, or a lawyer because he wants to legalize weed because it's brendon and brendon likes weed." josh giggled.

"so brendon's whole life career and future is being based on weed?" max laughed.

"yes. and he said he didn't give a fuck if he doesn't get a good job because his parents have enough money to last through his whole life." josh said. brendon was literally so rich. like, his grandparents are rich and still making money, and his parents were saving money and using a lot of the grandparents money that they just gave them. his parents also had very good jobs.

"i'll never understand brendon, but somehow i get it." max nodded.

"brendon sure is a character, but i love him so much. he's just always been there and stuff. and he's so good to ryan and i just love that for him." josh smiled.