Michael Gray - Daddy's little girl

"What are you still doin 'ere Michael?" Michaels head snapped up to look at the 3 men stood in front of him. His shift had ended hours ago but he refused to go home. He rubbed his eyes and stood up "needed to finish this work Tom, else it'll never get done"

Tommy lit a cigarette and offered Michael one to which he gladly accepted. "No michael what you need to do is get home to Y/N and Lyla, Y/N need your help" Michael kept quiet, trying to think of an excuse "C'mon lad, your lil girl was born almost a month ago and you ain't even seen 'er properly" Michael's gaze cast upon John who had his hand shoved in his pockets and his signature toothpick gliding around his mouth.

Michael sighed, realising his cousins were right, he slumped back into his seat. "Get 'ome to your little 'un else you'll regret it, I did with mine" Arthur and Tommy nodded in agreement with John and swiftly left the room.

Truth was, Michael was scared. He was so scared. There was a tiny little human back at home waiting for him, he helped to bring her into this world and in his line of work he knew she would get hurt soon. He would do everything he could to protect her but he was scared at the lengths he would go to do that.

He sighed and rubbed his face,deciding it was time to go home to his wife and new daughter.

It wasn't long before Michael reached the door of Your house. He stepped inside and heard you singing softly, it was always one of his favourite sounds.

"Hush little baby
Don't say a word
Mama's gonna buy you
A mockingbird
And if that mockingbird doesn't sing
Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring"

You smiled down at the gurgling bundle of joy that was wrapped in your arms,you started slowly rocking her back and forth as she slowly drifted off to sleep.

You looked up to see Michael stood in the doorway, a soft smile on his face. You beckoned him over and he walked slowly towards you,careful not to wake the sleeping girl.

You tried to pass your daughter over to Michael and a look of panic spread across his face "w...what if I drop her? Or if I hold her tight, I could hurt her and I.. I don't wanna do that" you placed a hand on Michael's face.

"You aren't gonna hurt her, I promise just hold her like this" you showed your husband how to properly hold her and passed Lyla over to her father.

She seemed so small in Michael's big hands, his eyes filled with tears as He stared down at his little girl. Soon enough Lyla had opened her eyes and saw that she was in her daddy's arms, she started giggling and reaching her hands up to touch his face.

"Already a daddy's girl" Michael chuckled softly at you and let his gaze drift back to his baby. He vowed that he would never let anything hurt her.

"And if that mockingbird don't sing and that ring don't shine
Imma break that birdies neck
I'll go back to the jeweller
Who sold it to ya
And make him eat every carat
Don't fuck with dad"

You tapped Michael's head lightly "no swearing in front of her" Michael chuckled at you and brushed it off. Both of you wondering how you could have brought something so precious into the world.

~~~I quite like this one and I had to add in Michael singing as well 😂 Hope you guys like it, please vote and comment‼️❤️

~~~
I quite like this one and I had to add in Michael singing as well 😂
Hope you guys like it, please vote and comment‼️❤️