John Shelby - Long Gone (part 2)

It had been a few weeks since you had gone and John was going out of his mind. He searched for you every single day and he couldn't believe how stupid he had been. He had ignored you and abandoned you and for all he knew, you could be dead in a ditch somewhere right now. Tommy had promised you that he wouldn't tell your dad where you were and he kept that promise.

John was exhausted, he had just spent another full day searching for you and interrogating people to see what they knew. He wouldn't rest until he had his little girl back in his arms once again. Esme left John when he told her that he wouldn't stop looking for you, she didn't like you or want you anywhere near John and when she told him this. He flipped.

He flopped down onto the seat next to Michael in the garrison. Harry immediately brought over a bottle of whiskey to which John gladly accepted. "Hey John, what's at this address?" John necked the bottle back and wiped his mouth, taking the paper off of the young boy.

"I don't know why?" Michael handed him another piece of paper, Johns eyes scanned the paper but he still had no idea what Michael was on about. Michael sighed and took back the paper, pointing at a specific amount of money. "Every week, £100 gets sent to this address, never less than that but some times more" John had no idea.

Tommy always told the boys everything, except this. John had no idea why money was being sent to a house in London but he intended to find out. He hoped and prayed that it wasn't what he was thinking. He hoped and prayed that Tommy wasn't hiding you from him. He hoped and prayed he was wrong because if he wasn't then he wouldn't know what he would do to his brother.

John pushes the stool back and stood up abruptly, running out of the doors of the garrison and down the street to the Shelby residence.

Tommy was sat with Polly and Finn in the living room, he was getting ready to drive down to London to pick you up. You wanted to visit everyone so Tommy said he would bring you back, he had told his brothers and Polly that he had a meeting with Alfie Solomons so nobody would question his absence.

All of a sudden, John charged through the door and straight over to his older brother. He gripped onto Tommy's collar and pulled him up from his chair, pushing him up against the wall. "Where the fuck is she Tommy?" John angrily spat in Tommy's face. Polly pulled her nephews off each other but John just swatted her hands away and pinned Tommy back up against the wall.

"What the fuck is going on with you two" Polly snapped, hands on her hips with Finn stood beside her. Both equally as confused as the other. John shoved his brother against the wall one last time before he let go of him. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and gritted his teeth at Tommy.

"Go on Tom, tell 'em. Tell 'em how've you been hiding my fucking daughter away from me!"

"Thomas?" Polly questioned sternly. Tommy stood up and straightened out his coat and shirt. He lit a cigarette and took a long drag before staring back at his brother.

"Yes John, I helped her hide away. You want to know why? I helped her because you left her to practically fend for herself! Her mother died and you fucking ignored her! You were too busy fucking around with Esme to ever give 2 shits about your daughter" Tommy's face was red with anger and he took a step forward towards his brother. Polly and Finn took a step back, not wanting to be apart of the argument.

"What if it was Charlie,eh? What if it was fucking Charlie? You had no fucking right Tommy, she's my kid not yours!" Tommy chuckled sarcastically and took another drag of his cigarette.

"It would never happen to Charlie because unlike you I actually look after my kid! You never bothered to care when she was here so why now John? Eh? Why fucking now?" John raised his fist, ready to fight his brother when a small cough interrupted them.

You closed the door quietly behind you and gave a small smile to your Uncle Tommy. You were sat in London and didn't want to wait for Tommy to pick you up, you missed your family. Instead, you became friends with Alfie and he dropped you off instead.

"Thanks Uncle Tom, for everything" he smiled at you and crossed his arms. John stared at you in disbelief, he crossed his arms and sighed taking a step towards you.

"John" you nodded at your dad and you could see the pain his name caused him when you spoke it. He wasn't your dad anymore and he knew he had messed up.

 He wasn't your dad anymore and he knew he had messed up