John Shelby - What Happened To Perfect?

Being married to John wasn't easy. You had to clean him up every time he had a fight which resulted in you two arguing with each other. You helped to take care of his children when he barely spent any time with them. You were both very similar which resulted in arguments most of the time, both of you wanting to be right.

With the bad there was also good. Late night cuddles,whispers of sweet nothings, being showed off in the street, him being proud to call you his wife.

Before the war happened John would do anything to make you smile and laugh, he would still try to impress you like he was still trying to win you over. He held your hand everywhere and refused to let you go anywhere alone. When he returned back from France, however, everything was different.

John has changed,not many people saw it but you did. He didn't laugh the same, he barely paid you or the kids any attention and most nights you didn't speak to each other. He was slipping away from you and only you could see it.

One night, you were sat up in bed waiting for John to come home. It was almost 3am before he finally stumbled in through the door, drunk and crashing into everything. Out of nowhere you started to cry. You were losing him and didn't think there was any hope for your relationship anymore, it was like he didn't care about you anymore.

Hearing your sobs sobered John up, he bounded up the stairs and into your shared bedroom. The sight he saw broke his heart. Your head was in your hands and your body was shaking,sobs erupting from your mouth every few minutes. He rushed over the bed and sat next to you, his actions causing you to look up at him.

"John, I don't think this is working anymore. You don't seem to care and it seems like this relationship is one sided" you returned your head back to your hands but the action was soon cancelled when John lifted your head with his finger.

"I'm sorry Y/N, I didn't mean for it to happen. My head just got a mess after France but the last thing I want is to see you crying. I can't lose you Y/N"

John pulled you into a hug and your arms snakes around his neck, getting close to him as possible. You didn't know when the next time he'd be like this.

"I promise I'm gonna work on it and we'll be perfect again because I love you and I don't care how hard I have to work to keep you because it's worth it. You're my everything" he mumbled into your shoulder. You lifted your head as he lifted his. Putting your hands on the side of his face, you stared into the eyes that you had fell in love with.

"I love you John Shelby" he brought you in for a sweet kiss and the two of you lay down on the bed, cuddling and talking until dawn.

~~~
Only a short one but hope you guys like it!