Michael Gray - Where do broken hearts go?

*Dedicated to My Amazing friend,BubbleBaby893. I wanted to write something to cheer you up a bit because I know you've been under a lot of stress and I know you love Michael. I've got your back,always❤️*

Michael Gray. The son of Polly Gray. The Shelby's cousins. The love of your life. The breaker of your heart.

When Michael had moved back to Birmingham,you both hit it off immediately. You'd often hang around the betting shop and wait for Him to finish his work and head to the garrison to wind down. Michael was always sweet and polite and you loved that about him because most other men were the exact opposite. You were dream to Michael,in more ways than one. You had never opened your heart to anyone before because you knew that once you did,there was no going back. But maybe Michael was worth it. Maybe Michael wouldn't hurt you like had been hurt in the past. After all,Michael was different. Wasn't he?

You were sat in Michael's office because tommy had requested you to wait there for him. You tried to protest but there was no arguing with Tommy Shelby. You grimaced as your eyes met Michael's for the thousandth time,a half naked girl sat in his lap and a cigarette lazily in his mouth. Ever since he started to work on the illegal side with the Shelby boys,he became corrupted. It was only a matter of time but you didn't think that he would have dumped you to the side like you were nobody. You dated for a year but the power went to his head and that was the end of your relationship.

After a few more minutes of Michael's "girlfriend" shoving her tongue down his throat,she finally grabbed her coat and decided to go,leaving you and Michael in an uncomfortable silence. Occasionally you'd sneak glances at your former lover and your heart would swell because no matter what he did,you'd always love him.

"Stop" he sighed and took a drag of his cigarette.

"Stop what?" Michael rolled his eyes and turned his full attention to you.

"Stop looking at me like that. Like I'm the best person in the world" you scoffed at his words and let out a little laugh.

"You're not the best person in the world but I can't pretend that I don't still love you." The quiet was unbearable and you could hear you heart in your ears. Michael rested his cigarette in his mouth and stared at you.

"It was my fault for getting too attached to you,I knew you'd leave eventually" you sighed and picked at the skin around your fingers. Michael's face dropped and a look of pain was evident on his face. He never meant to hurt you the way he did. He figured that he was no good for you and you deserved better.

"I mean,we were bound to end at some point and you were always the one that was bound to end it. I just figured you'd love me enough to fight against it,y'know? You'd fight against the power and keep me." Your voice cracked and you let out a little chuckle. "What did I do to make you not want me,Michael?"

Michael got to his feet and kneeled in front of your chair,wiping away the stray tears with the pad of his thumb.

"Nothing" he whispered,scared that if he spoke normally that no words would come out. "You did nothing but I knew that I was no good for you and you deserved better than me"

You closed your eyes and melted into Michael's touch,his warm hand never leaving the side of your face. "Who are you to say what's good for me? You may not be good for me,Michael but I don't care. I need you"

You opened your eyes slowly when you could feel Michael's breath on your face,his nose was only inches away from yours as he rested his head on yours. "I'm so sorry,beautiful. I know that I hurt you and I can never forgive myself for it but please,give me another chance to make it right. I'll treat you like the queen you are"

You didn't even need to think about your decision. You would always love Michael so why try and fight it? You pressed your lips onto Michael's soft ones and your hand found his free one as you both moulded into one. This was your happy place. This was your home. 2 broken hearts make a whole and your heart had merged into Michael's.

~~~~~~I really Hope you enjoy this one

~~~~~~
I really Hope you enjoy this one. I know I haven't updated for a while,I'm having a bit of writers block so if any of you have any ideas or requests then please message me. Thanks! Ily all ❤️