Finn Shelby - Always going to be you

Finn sat across from you In the booth,watching your every move. He watched as you intertwined your hand with Johns. He watched as John leaned in close to your ear and whispered something, pulling back with a huge grin on his face. He watched as you erupted in a fit of giggles and watched as Johns smile grew, satisfied with your reaction. And as he watched, his heart ached for you.

You see, before you were with John you were with Finn. You guys were only young, him being 14 and you being 15. Everyone called it puppy love and said you wouldn't last longer than a week. In fact, you lasted 6 months together. You both thought you were in love.

After a couple months of being together he introduced you to his brothers and they instantly took to you. You quickly formed a bond with them all but one particular bond is the one that caused the most trouble for young Finn.

As you spent more time with the Shelby's, yours and Johns bond grew into something more. Finn could see it In the way you acted around his brother. He always knew that John had a way with girls but he never thought that he'd try it with his girlfriend.

You always found a way to be close to each other or touching each other. John would flirt with you effortlessly but every time Finn would bring it up in conversation to you, you would just tell him that it was just John being nice but even in the back of your head you knew that it was something more. He could see it in the way you would look at John, like no one could ever be more perfect than him and that no one could ever compare. He knew this because once upon time, you used to look at him in the exact same way.

One night you had been out with John at the Garrison, drinking until late. You both had stumbled out into the street, arms linked to come face to face with an angry Finn Shelby.

"I'm sick of this" he exclaimed, throwing his hands up into the air.

You tried to take a step forward towards him but you stumbled and fell back into John.

"Of course you're with him, where else would you be" he grumbled at you, turning away to head back down the street.

"Wait, Finn! Where are you going?" You shouted after him. Finn stopped and let out a laugh.

"Like you actually care. You're always with John, you're supposed to be my girlfriend not his!"

You sobered up instantly and took a few step forwards. "I am your girlfriend Finn, me and John are just bestfriends. Nothing else, you know i'd never do that to you"

You saw Finns shoulders relax as he turned back to face you, making it visible that he had tears in his eyes. He made his way back over to you and placed a hand on your cheek, staring into your eyes. "Finn, I love you, you know that" you whispered to him.

A small tear slipped down his face as he diverted his gaze to his brother stood behind you, he shook his head and let his hand fall.

"No Y/N, maybe you did but you don't anymore. You love John so I'm going to end it. Be with John and I hope you guys will be happy together. Just know that I love you and always will"

Finn wiped away his tears and nodded to his older brother, proceeding to make his way home. He walked with his head down and stuffed his hands in his pockets wondering if he made the right decision.
~~~~~
That was 2 years ago. You and John had got together a year ago and your's and Finn's friendship remained in tact. He still loved you but he'd never told you.

Finn had gotten good at pretending to be happy for you and his brother and he'd gotten good at hiding his true feelings but right now, sitting across from you and watching you giggle at John and caress his face and kiss him without a care in the world, he wished that that was him again. Maybe it was the whiskey that finally made him snap.

He slammed down his glass on the table and stood up abruptly. All heads turned to face him and Arthur tried to get him to sit back down but he wouldn't. His stare never left you and everybody, including Tommy became intrigued at what was about to happen.

"Finn" you stood up and gave him a soft look "what's wrong". Finn laughed at you and turned his back to face everyone in the room.

"You. You're what's wrong Y/N" he turned back around to look at you "I can't sit here any longer pretending to be happy for you and John. I can't fucking do it. I sit and watch the way you act together and I wish that it was me you were kissing or that it was me making you laugh but it isn't, it's him. And it hurts Y/N it fucking hurts"

By now Finn was almost crying but he continued on "I wish I hadn't let you go because maybe if I didn't then maybe we could have worked it out, maybe you wouldn't have fell for John but I did and now I have to suffer the consequences" he breathed deeply, regaining his breath " you're up here" he pointed to his head "you're always up here, I can't seem to get you off my mind and my heart aches for you every time I see you. I said I'd always love you but you obviously didn't believe me. Maybe now you will"

Finn stormed out of the little room and slammed the door shut behind him, the next sound you heard was the front doors slamming open and then swinging shut. You sunk back into your seat, everybody's gaze on you. Johns hand found his way to yours and he grasped it tightly as you let a couple of tears slip.

You had just lost your bestfriend and all because you couldn't love him in the way he loved you.